Million Dollar Decorators: Favorite Rooms

* all images via House Beautiful 

I've talked about my obsession with Million Dollar Decorators before, and I'm here to do it again.  Do you watch it?! I'm not sure if it is the gorgeous rooms or the hilarious banter and ridiculous comments about "not being able to decorate a house out of a catalogue or West Elm" {because he only does custom...} that keeps me glued to the screen. I think it's a combination of the above, because I have a serious problem with spending so much money on one piece of furniture or rug, when I could get it for much less.  Don't get me wrong, I'm going to school to become an interior designer and hopefully take on clients who want me to help them create something they couldn't on their own, using the design center and custom pieces. But come on! I'm all for doing it as budget-friendly as possible. Oops, I'm ranting...

The above are some of my favorite spaces designed by a few of the designers on MDD.  They were recently featured on House Beautiful and I couldn't resist sharing.  All have such different styles. I'm almost to the point where I can see a room a tell you which of the 5 decorators designed it. Obsessed much?! :)

That mint and magenta kitchen? Yep, I could live in that one room for a good while and be perfectly happy. I'm partial to Kathryn and Mary {both of whom I've met!}  Who is your favorite designer on the show? Do you find the show funny or just completely ridiculous?  I, for one, am quite sad the second season has come to end. Here's to many more seasons!

Happy Friday, my friends. Thanks for all your kind comments about my DIY Ribbon Backdrop this week.  We're so excited to hang it at my cousin's wedding.

Have a wonderful weekend! Mine will be spent at Ikea finding a bed for the apartment and West Elm to pick up some new treasures. 
xoxo
Photobucket

13 comments

  1. I am slightly obsessed with that show, I love looking at the rooms, even though a lot of times they can be very ridiculous.
    xo, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love MDD! The second season premiered last night in Canada and you best believe I was watching! haha And I LOVE that mint & magenta kitchen! So beautiful!

    I also love a good Ikea trip :) Haven't been in a while though - should fix that soon haha Good luck!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to start watching this show!! I really love that mint kitchen, too. How fun would that be at a beach house!! Can't wait to see how your apartment comes together! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need to start watching! I've caught a few episodes here and there but haven't really sat down to enjoy it! I'm obsessed with that bedroom, it looks ridiculously cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that outdoor living area is amazing. i want that for inside my house!! but in navy! the stripes, the tufting, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! That outdoor space had me swooning a bit ~ that's a dream for Northwest folks! Lol :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. that hampton-style patio space is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH that kitchen made me stop and stare. Happy Weekend!! Fun to find you from Meg's blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the rug/carpet in the first picture. That thing looks so plush!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a wonderful kitchen! Love the mint cabinets! That would be a dream to wake up to every morning. I'll have to watch this show. Happy weekend Michaela.

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, I can't take a single thing MLB says out loud seriously. Everything he says sounds dramatic! I think Jeffrey and Ross have the best style, I love everything they do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE what you have picked! Especially the kitchen and dining room. Love "Lite and airy" decor. I'm contemplating wallpapering our dining room something similar. Very Cali still I suppose. Mary, MLB, & Kathryn are my favs. Probably for my personal style Kathryn is more me, but would love to have Mary on speed dial as a friend. Love her! Tell us about your meet up with them! Are thy as funny and fabulous as they seem on TV? So sad the season is over. So over the other bravo show other that Flipping Out & RHOBH. Love your Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top