Client Reveal: Casual California Living Room



Yesterday I finished up with one of my favorite local clients here in the Bay Area. Over the last few months, I've been helping Elissa add some finishing touches to her living and family room. Yesterday I styled the mantel and the rest of the room and just had to snap some photos for you to see. This mantel reminds me a lot of my parent's mantel, which you can see in my Spring mantel video

We added height on both sides of the mantel, hung a gorgeous mirror above the fireplace, places some glass bottles, layered some pictures of her kiddos and called it good! It's simple and sweet. 




We also purchased this lamp from Lulu & Georgia for the side table. It's the perfect touch and adds some height for this side of the room. 


The best accessories: books!


You can get a peek at the coffee table and rug. The rug is super saturated with color, which I love, so it was important to keep the decor neutral in order to keep the harmony. I love these potted succulents on the coffee table. Perfection!


The right side of the room has this amazing (and huge) framed quilt, comprised of hexagon shapes. Did you know hexagons are going to be one of the hottest shapes this year?! (Both in interiors and events. I'm calling it right now!) It's fun to have this piece of history in the living room. Under it, we placed a leather bench with storage, perfect for shoes and other items Elissa needs to store out of sight. This is right by the entry, so it's the perfect catch-all spot.

DETAILS | Blue vase / Branches / Mirror / Glass Bottles / Coffee table books / Floor basket 

I think the room turned out great, what do you think?! 

By the way, if you haven't heard, I'm moving to Michigan in May. Because of this, I'm moving my business with me and now accepting clients in the West Michigan/Grand Rapids area. I'm also still taking on virtual design clients, which is an easy and affordable way to decorate! 

Happy Tuesday!
xoxo
Photobucket

9 comments

  1. i love when you show how you styled something and it includes something i already own :) can't wait to get home and move things around now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, I thought that was your parents home at first, crazy how much that mantel looks like theirs along with the beams on the ceiling! Looks really great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This space looks great! Absolute perfection.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks beautiful, Michaela! Great job!

    ~Anna
    http://www.bananagrovedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need more succulents in my life. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving all the decor pieces you picked in this space!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you again Michaela! Just shared your link to my FB page :) Loving my restyle! Hope your move went well and that you are enjoying your new digs!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top