Guest Bedroom Updates


Over the last few months I've been helping my parent's finish up their house update. I haven't shared the progress of our guest bedroom in a while, so I wanted to do that today! As you know, we got plantation shutters from Blinds.com last month and we're still LOVING them. They dramatically change the room! We also had the room painted this past summer (it's the same Malibu Beige color as the rest of the house now, minus a few accent colors, and we love the soft gray tone!) Most recently, I found some art work for above the TV area. My mom and I kept feeling like the TV was such an eyesore, so we found a few pieces to hang above the TV to act as a distraction to the eye. This is a great way to "hide" TV's in family rooms, too. Hang a gallery wall above or around the television, so the eye then goes to the artwork and prints, not so much the TV.

Here's how the guest bedroom looks:




SOURCES: Bedding / Cream pillow shams / Blue button accent pillow / Mirrors / Shutters / Art above TV / Books on dresser / Nightstand print / Bedside lamp / Candle (aka the best candle you will ever smell…ever!)

Those small sunburst mirrors you see to the right of the plantation shutters are my new obsession. That corner needed a little something and this was just the thing! You can also see one of Hope's toys there on the bed ;) Keeping it real! Anyways, my parent's are happy, and I am certainly happy, with the outcome. Have you updated any rooms in your home lately?!

Have a wonderful Tuesday!
xoxo
Photobucket
interior design website / services / portfolio

PS. If you're looking for a photographer in the Midwest or South, look no further! Check out Alyssa Marie Photography! She's one of my best friends from high school and she's great!
WEBSITE | FACEBOOK

10 comments

  1. That guest room looks so warm and inviting and I am so in love with those plantation shutters!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great updates! It's amazing how little changes can really make a big impact on a room.

    http://sweetsandcelebrations.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving this guest bedroom re-do! You did a phenomenal job!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the layered bedding! It all flows but it's not too matchy matchy! The whole room looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a pretty little bed and breakfast..I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it, especially the plantation shutters!! Those are dreamy.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. The link to the lamp doesn't work. Where is it from?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's from Target, but not there anymore. You can try to find one similar at West Elm or Home Goods!

      Delete
  8. Love those little mirrors, and the plantation shutters! What a sweet guest room!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top