My Michigan Apartment: Bedroom Design Plan



I never got a chance to say thank you for the many comments and emails of encouragement after my big announcement last week! I'm so excited to begin this new chapter of my life, mostly because I get to see my man on an every day basis. A close second, is the excitement behind putting together a new apartment that I will get to call all my own. Today I'm showing you the game plan for my apartment, starting with the bedroom. I want it to be a relaxing, cozy room, with lots of neutrals and a few splashes of my favorite hues. Berry and Coral will be making a little appearance.

I'm head-over-heels for this Serena & Lily Monterey Duvet cover. Paired with a burst of berry bordered sheets and euro shams, and accented with a coral and berry floral pillow, I think I might never leave this bedroom! The prettiest nesting table nightstand will sit to the side of my bed, and on it will be a beautiful white lamp, accented with gold. Another favorite element in the room will be this AMAZING upholstered headboard with oversized nailhead trim. AHHH! This makes me feel so grown up :)


When I found Three Strands Designs on Etsy, I knew I had to have this headboard in my bedroom. It's sophisticated, but when upholstered in a charcoal gray linen, it will bring a casual tone to the room. I chose a charcoal gray linen to be sure it would be a few shades darker than the duvet color, just to provide some contrast in the room. I can't wait to see it come together in person in a few weeks.

You can shop all my bedroom items below and follow my Apartment Board on Pinterest:


What do you think of the design plan? Have you done any updating in your bedroom lately?

Have a great Monday!
xoxo
Photobucket

13 comments

  1. I love that you're using grey. I find that it's an under-appreciated color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet bedroom design. Loving the headboards. I've been looking for one that goes all the way to the ground-I can't stand seeing "legs" popping out from the mattress. Good luck with the move!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will look so pretty! Can't wait to see it all come together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are going to have so much fun putting together your new apartment! I am SO excited that the Lord is moving you in this direction! This is SO awesome, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE this color scheme!! Simple and elegant! I can't wait to see what you do with the space! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am loving the neutral colors and fun patterns! This is going to be a great bedroom for sure!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the look! I have the same duvet :) So funny, I actually posted about the same sheets and classic white bedding on my blog today! Good minds think alike. So excited to see what else you do with your first place. xo

    sweetsandcelebrations.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bedding! The purple trim! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!! I cannot wait to see the finished product. I really like that headboard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that duvet - have it in a different color in my daughter's room. And I have those exact towels in my bathroom! So probably no surprise that I'm digging your design :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top