Drafting Class: Color Board!

Today I turn in and present my color board that I've put together for "The Gray's Residence".  The project was to design and decorate a home for our "clients".   It was so much fun.  I'm definitely reassured that I love interior design!  They have a small house-- about 980 square feet.  They needed a den, master (with private bath), eating area, one and a half baths, and of course, a kitchen and family room. Here's what I came up with:

 It's an open concept home.  They like to entertain, so there is bar seating as well as a window bench and dining table in the far upper right hand corner.  The family room is below the kitchen and boasts a Jonathan Adler chevron rug, pottery barn couch and media center and an ottoman with storage.  The den is on the bottom left hand corner and features a double sided fireplace (into the family room), a large desk, seating, and bookshelves.  The master is in the upper left hand corner and features a french door out to the patio, multiple windows for ample lighting and a fun bedspread from Anthropologie that I rendered.  A simple home, but oddly enough, I've grown attached to the floor plan (: Here's how I decorated the space:


Family Room.  I went with a subtle gray tone with a purple undertone to it.  It's soothing and compliments the curtain fabric:


The yellow in the curtains made me think of some fun wall art we all know and love:

MadeByGirl Candy Lemon (:

I also used a lamp that Kate, from Centsational Girl made:


Here's how it looks on my board with the labels:



Next is the Dining Room:


I found the chandelier in Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic book.  Fell in love with the second I saw it!  I found the rug on West Elm.

Here's what the window bench and table look like:



Now onto the Master Bedroom:

{This is a large view of the bedspread and color scheme.}


Here's how it looks on the board.  I made a sample of what the curtains would look like, lined with a strong black boarder at the bottom.  The turquoise on the walls will be timeless paired with the classic black and white.

Now for some wall art!  I just fell in love with my friend BreAnne's wedding photo's so I asked her if one of her pictures could be hung over the bed.  {In this case, we'll pretend the people in the pictures are the clients (: }

Here's the picture:

{Isn't it cute?! Go here to visit Ashley Maxwell's blog!}

And here's what I did with it:

{Just printed it out and made a small black frame for it.}

Another one of Jen's prints will be hung on the opposite wall.  This one is the love languages print (:

Here's the final product:


After my fingers being covered in glue and my wrist being super sore from cutting tiny pieces of mat-board, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and am actually very excited to present it tomorrow!  Hope you enjoyed a little project I've been working on all quarter in my drafting class.  

What are you up to on this Wednesday??

Love,

33 comments

  1. I totally loved reading and looking at this project! It beautiful and you are really good:) The art-work is perfect and Im in love with the living room
    Kisses

    Ps: I am hosting a stunning leather clutch GIVEAWAY later today, just in time for Holiday Parties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOu did such a great job with it! The colors are beautiful! I'm completely wishing it was my house now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE it all! You're so talented :) I had two rooemies in college that were interior design majors and always loved looking at their work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog, its great! The color board looks awesome. I love the gray and yellow color combo! I'm your newest follower:)

    http://designerbagsanddirtydiapers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! Love your style. Good luck w/the presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michaela, I love the color board! The concept is perfect for the clients with the open plan space. And I think you have decorated it beautifully. The colors, wallpapers decorations, furniture and the art work flow seamlessly together. Good luck with your presentation tomorrow. You'll do great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! This looks like so much fun! How do they grade you on something like this?

    Sadly, I will be studying for my graduate level statistics final which is next week. I wish it was this week so I can enjoy some more Christmas decorating! :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. why has it taken me so long to find your lovely, lovely blog? i LOVE this color board! my favorite part is the window bench-that is one of my dream house essentials!

    LOVE IT:) happy new follower, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing. good luck with your presentation. You are one talented young lady. Love your color choices. {especially the gray and yellow}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great work Michaela! It looks fantastic! I'm just finishing up a concept board for a two bedroom apartment for my colour class... it's due tomorrow and I'm going to try and share on my blog. If not before I hand it in, then after for sure! :) Good luck with your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! I'm super impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post, I am almost 100% in agreement with you

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are SO going to get an A++!! Great job...you are bursting with talent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks awesome Michaela! Good luck at your presentation.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this Michaela! You're hired to be the interior designer for my future home!

    ReplyDelete
  16. How cute! You did a super job! I totally want to be in that class. Looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you have done with this inspiration board - you deserve to be top of the class for sure! Love the idea for the art above the bed especially.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today - great to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you put a lot of work into this, Michaela, and it shows. Great job!

    *Tania @ Passport2Design.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love it Michaela! The Cunningham's are happy to be your "Gray Family" hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks everyone! The presentation went well (:

    ReplyDelete
  21. girl you have skills...

    beautiful work, its from the heart..

    ReplyDelete
  22. you are so talented chick! i love what you have put together~

    ReplyDelete
  23. OMG design school looks so fun!!! Awesome work! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OHMYGOSH Michaela! You nailed this project and did such a fabulous job. You were made for the business girl and I am so proud of you!! Way to go. How did the pressy go?! I wish you could decorate my home like this, it's so gorgeous and cohesive and perfect!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michaela, this looks fantastic!! I want to LIVE in this board! I hope the presentation went well!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This looks like such a fun project and you did a great job! I know the photographer of BreAnne's wedding, you would love her work!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks, Haleigh! I know, I totally love her work. I've stalked her blog. That reminds me I should have tagged her in this post. I'll fix it now!

    ReplyDelete
  28. cheap car hire in tasmania 2004 buick rendezvous reviews electrical schematic for 1972 dodge landau buick darlington wisconsin cutless oldsmobile supreme

    ReplyDelete
  29. chrysler oil change required ford prodaja audi roadster tt uk used 1500 dodge hood ram scoop i smart enough

    ReplyDelete
  30. This makes me so excited to begin school for my own Interior Design degree in the fall. Thanks for keeping my inspired!
    Tiffany
    thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top