Walkin' in a Winter Wonderland

Our tree is officially DONE and we couldn't be more thrilled.  I'm not sure why it took us so long this year! But my mom and I both agree it's our favorite tree so far (: Decorating the tree is my mom and I's favorite part of Christmas.  It's out thing each year; just her and me.  Listening to Mariah Carey, Amy Grant, and Steven Curtis Chapman while decorating is always a memory I hold close to my heart.

The theme is Winter Wonderland, so appropriately, we had our live oh-so-yummy-smelling-tree flocked.  We've only gotten it flocked once before, but I'm growing particularly fond of it.  We don't get snow here in California, so a fake supplement sure is fun! Here's how it turned out:



{Lights dimmed}

We filled in with white and gold poinsettias,




lots of sparkly ornaments, 

& used some bright red ornaments to pop off the white tree.


Ornaments are a big deal in our house.  My brother, Colin, and I have been collecting them since we were born.  Each year we get a new one from my mom and dad and grandma.  I've been blessed enough to get one Precious Moment ornament each year from my grandma, so I'm up to 20- counting this year!  They're so special to me.  

This one is especially close to my heart because- if you can keep a secret- I may or may not still sleep with my baby blanket.

Another favorite, because I adore The Nutcracker.

Some of my other personal favorite ornaments I've collected over the years are:


{Baby's first Christmas}

This one happens to have a switch on the underneath side that plays music.  Being a total music person even from a young age, my mom says this was my favorite ornament when I was little just because of the sound.  She said it was almost annoying so precious when I'd make it play for hours (:

I'll leave you with the whole room's appearance.  I'm sitting in here looking at the lights as I type this and am remembering why I love this time of year so much.  It's the one time of year that it's appropriate to have  unreasonable amounts of glitter, sparkle, and extremely high electrical bills from all the lights (:


Oh! PS. Look who found her stocking on the fireplace hearth today! 
This is her "I know I'm not supposed to be up here but I smell my bone that was in the stocking last year and I'm so happy I found it" face (:

I'm sharing this post with Thrifty Decor Chick's Christmas Tree Party as well as:
Photobucket
 Stop on by! And be sure to come back tomorrow for Courtney's guest post!

I can also be found at Imagine. Create. Play taking part in Amber's fun series!  Go check out her adorable blog (:

Love and Winter Wonderlands,

33 comments

  1. wow, nice and sweet decorations...is it snowy there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your tree is absolutely stunning-- I love trees that are completely decorates, and yours definitely is :)
    Lovin' the fake snow throughout also--nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey pretty girl! Thank you for stopping by my blog! WOW! your tree! He is BIG, He is GRAND , He is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the precious moments tucked in there! I am having a linky party on Wednesday...its "Whassup Wednesday" and I would LOVE for you to put this PRETTY ella on there :) Im going to go back and look at more of your blog!

    xoxokara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you girls! Not snowing here-- we're in Northern California... I wish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful! I love the snowy look :)

    And I still sleep with my baby blanket too...good thing my hubby doesn't care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. whoa - i should have used your tree in my "eye candy" post - GORG! love the flocking too..i've never seen that before.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That tree is beautiful, I love all of the ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree is gorgeous!!!! Good jobbie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw the tree is gorgeous! we just started a family tradition too with ornaments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree is beautiful! The room looks great too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for letting me know about the comment thing - I think I did it right :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE a flocked tree!!

    your tree and home look amazing! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your tree, how gorgeous! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. it's a masterpiece! LOVE it....xoxo {av}

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tree is so full and gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks gorgeous! My grandparents always buy a flocked tree, I love them as well.


    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your tree is gorgeous! The precious moment ornaments are so cute.
    We don't usually get snow here either until Jan or Feb... go figure.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tree is sooo big and gorgeous!!! with the white and the ornaments... its soo beautiful! thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm your newest follower! I absolutely adore your tree.. It is sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful tree and love your ornaments too, but my favorite part is your ceiling! (Is that odd, ha!?) Love the wood and angle of it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful tree! I love the "snow!"

    Designer David Bromstad (sp?) did this with a tree on a holiday color splash and i've been obsessing over the idea ever since -- it looks great!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous tree!! I love the faux snow too! Glad you stopped by today!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Soooo cute!! I love decorating the tree with so much meaning. Thank you for stopping by my blog. It makes my day to see new followers!!
    I'm following you now :)
    Kelle
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your tree is stunning! Just became a follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It turned out so gorgeous! (c: It's just stunning all lit up...

    http://loveallthingsbrightandbeautiful.blogspot.com

    I'm doing a little giveaway on my blog right now and I would love it if you were in it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely tree! so glad you can cherish that time with your mom!! In from Amanda's and wishing you a very joyous Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Michaela, it is a beautiful tree!!! I love all the sparklies. ;) I always like to see trees that hold special ornaments that have a story/meaning behind them. Thanks so much for linking up with me!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow. Your tree is fantastic! It's so huge and bright and warm looking... I would just sit and stare at it all day if that were my tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your tree looks beautiful! What a fun tradition to share with your Mom. I love all the memories you have in those beautiful Christmas ornaments. Visiting from Dishing it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks absolutely beautiful!! I can see why it took you so long too, it's so intricate yet so beautiful and dreamy. When it's lit up it's amazing!! You guys must love it too much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top