Fashion Friday #12

It's FRIDAY!  And that means it's time for another outfit and other fashion ramblings from yours truly.

I've been wanting to know how to transfer a collage to my blog for so long now, so I asked my friend Kendra from House of Ficek how she did hers.  POWERPOINT, people.  I should have known.  But now I do!  So, here's what I'm wearing:


{Photo credit: mama}

Here's a closer view:


Gray Button Up Coat: Nordstrom- on sale for only $32!
Dress: Meadow Boutique- Seattle, WA
Leggings: Forever 21
Gray Boots: Nine West Outlet- so comfy!


I love this outfit because it's easy to throw on, cute and still able to be worn in the winter with a coat.  I'm glad I found it, because I don't like to wear jeans and shirt everyyyy day of my life.  Dresses spice it up a little.  Do you agree? Or are you a jeans girl?

Today for the hair portion, I thought I'd teach you how to use your curling iron to get this look:


It looks more natural than doing ringlet curls and I've had a few people ask how to do it.  So here's my attempt in answering that! {PS. I hate hearing my voice on camera.  Such a weird feeling! Okay, I'm stalling.  Here we go...}


Hope that helps a tiny bit! Trick is just to hold the rod down so you spiral your hair around it (: I use a 3/4" barrel.  Maybe I'll do more of these tutorials...or maybe not.  We'll see how ya'll {I never say that...I think I'm picking it up from Megan. Hehe} like this one!
If anyone tries it, send me pictures and I'll post them!

Next week will be Fashion Friday: Christmas Outfit Edition.  So if you want to join me in posting your Christmas attire, I would love it!

Hope you all have a lovely weekend.  What are your plans? I'm going to see the new movie with Owen Wilson and Reece Witherspoon- "How Do You Know".  I'll let YOU KNOW what I think after I see it (;

Love and Fashion Friday,

31 comments

  1. What a great outfit! My oldest daughter would love that. The younger is the queen of curls with a curling iron!! She can make the prettiest curls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE outfit! Love the curls too :) Have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! And I am so jealous that there is no snow where you are and that you aren't completely bundled up while you're out there... I hate the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an adorable outfit!! I may have to borrow it :) LOVE your style! I'll post a fashion Friday: Christmas edition next week just for you! Have a great Friday dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute outfit, girl!

    I'm definitely a jeans girl. I'm pretty simple, BUT I do agree that little dresses are so fun. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love dresses, but I can really only get away with them in the summer for work. I once wore leggings and someone told me I looked like I was 12! Plus now it's so cold. So right now, I'm all about jeans but in the summer? I wear dresses everywhere, so comfy but looks so nice!

    ps- cute video :) makes me miss my long hair and my hot tools curling iron :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are adorably pretty and your outfit is so cute! If I still had long hair, I'd so be trying your tutorial because I love those types of curls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't wait to see Fashion Friday! I have no idea what I will be wearing! Yikes!
    Hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful outfit! That dress is just too cute. Your tutorial really makes me miss having longer hair.. I wish I had not cut it all off so I could try it out!! I'm hoping to see "How Do You Know" this weekend as well.. I just love Reese Witherspoon! Have a great weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute! I love your hair! I do the same curls but instead I don't let the clamp down. It creates a different look :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the outfit chick! i think i need a pair of those boots! and your hair is fab~ have a great weekend girly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the ouftit! and you are soooo stinking adorable!

    another easy way to do a collage is through picnik.com (that's where i do mine)

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  13. gorgeous as always. Love the black and white shots of you look back at the camera. I finally bought a flat iron and learned how to curl my hair with it like that . . . I love it! Takes me forever though so it's a once in a while thing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. i got my email fixed. thanks for pointing that out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are quite the "Fashionista". I love seeing all of your different looks. I love dresses too. I wore one on Wed. to Reno on a shopping trip. The video was so cute; anyone can try this look. Love you, girley!

    ReplyDelete
  16. belinda@designsbybelinda.comDecember 17, 2010 at 4:10 PM

    Above from Belinda@designsbybelinda.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are adorable! I love this idea, I have been wanting to do this too! Love the dress and navy tights and girl I am so envious of your hair- totally gorgeous! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Michaela! You are so totally adorable!! lol! I love the new pics...and your video was the cutest thing EVER. You better believe I will be trying this with my hair! I always curl it how you showed the first way. It looks so cute more relaxed. :) :)

    I am on my mac...so I could finally watch this!! eeek! yay! It was worth the wait...(and you worried about posting it and everything. hehe :)

    xoxo,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  19. You're looking so cute! Great curls too :-) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are absolutely adorable! Those pictures of you are STUNNING!! I definitely like to throw in a dress every now and then to change things up!! I can't wait to try my hair like that! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the outfit and the curling tips...I am notoriously bad at doing my hair :-), so hopefully this will help, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the leggings! I have grey and black ones. I wear them with really long sweaters b/c I have had two children and I ate too many brownies. Do the math. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Darling outfit! Love the tutorial on how to curl your hair with a natural look.

    Lisa, my friend, pointed me to your blog {which I love}. Keep up the great work with it and your studies!

    We will have to meet up one of these days too.

    Merry Christmas!

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your outfit is presh! And I love how you did your hair. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  25. the first thing comes in my mind is : your smile looks like Elizabeth Banks in The Next Three Days! beautiful outfit =)

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a cute outfit. You're so pretty. I love the jacket :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. How adorable are you?!?! Too cute for words and I loved your little video. What a doll ya are :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are so darn cute!!! Loved this video!! I am always just glued to screen when my blogging friends post videos... it's almost like seeing them in real life!! I need to do one on my own blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top