Good-bye 2010!

This past year has been a whirlwind! Lots of laughs, cries, new experiences, new friends, lots of creations, a new home, and much more! Here's a photo re-cap:

In June I finished my first year of college.  I did this project in my color theory class where we were given certain proportions of each color that had to be implemented into the final project.  So, given these colors, I made a doll house:

After I got home from school, I started a little blog I called Michaela Noelle Designs.  I thought it would be fun to share projects with family and friends, but instead welcomed LOTS of new friends into my life! So thankful!

Before
After

I was a busy bee this summer making lots of crafts and projects:

Painted bottles {as seen in the bathroom above}:

I made this flowered lampshade for my new apartment:

Our guest room went coral:

Did some fun wall art for my new apartment in Seattle:


I also reupholstered my bulletin board in a fun green fabric:

We threw a wonderful 80th 1930's themed birthday bash for my Grandma:


I painted this butterfly painting for my friend Jessica who was in a car crash 1 1/2 years ago and who suffers from a traumatic brain injury.  Go here to learn more about Jess and how to help!

Back to school.  In September, I moved into my first apartment in Seattle!
I had a total blast decorating it:

I created a large cork calender in order to stay organized:
{To see how I displayed the photo's, go here}

Then I flew home to visit family for my 20th birthday! My dad guest posted for me on my birthday.  Super sweet (:

Oh, then the Giants won the World Series on my birthday!!

Went back to school and finished up the quarter by making this color board for my drafting class. Got an A, might I add (:

Christmas Break:
Lot's of decorating for the best time of the year- Christmas!

Yep, that about covers it!

And I already have a project to show you that I completed today.  That will have to wait for next week, though, as this post is entirely too long! 

This year has been lovely.  I've learned what's important to me, been reminded to love with no bounds, met lots of talented friends through blogging, made memories with family, designed, crafted, and baked lots of goodies.  Can't wait to see what 2011 brings!

Come on back tomorrow for Fashion Friday!
PS. I'm linking up with Rhoda at Southern Hospitality for Top Projects of 2010.

Love and the New Year,

20 comments

  1. I love all the pictures & little decorating things you did. SO CUTE. <3 Hope 2011 is a great year for you xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you've done a lot since I last checked in! I can see your creative flair in those mood boards and crafty projects I love your 'sunshine' poem really sweet. Your one talented lass! All the best for the new year I'll be sure to stop by and say hi again in 2011 :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love all your projects - you are so talented! Glad to hear you got on that project - you deserved it-it rocked! Hope 2011 is even better for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great re-cap of your year!
    Happy New Year & wishing you the best for 2011!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been one busy girl, I don't know how you find the time for it all! It is fun in a really sick way to remember the late nights before a project was due when I see all of your project boards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you definitely had a busy year! love the pictures! hope you have an even better 2011! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a busy year you have had! Love all the pictures and love following your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you accomplished a lot this year. While it's always a little bittersweet to end a year, I like looking forward to the "clean slate" of a new year. Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe how much you have accomplished all while going to school. So happy to have gotten to know you. Congrats on the "A". Happy New Year, my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been a busy girl! You remind me a lot of my oldest...always going!! Way to go on the A!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great year for you! Love that you're super crafty and love colors, we have some things in common. Oh and the whole Wa thing:-)

    Happy New Year dear!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your bright, cheery sense of style/decor =) Such a fun read too!

    Glad I found your bloggity blog in 2010 and can't wait for 2011! whoo!

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a wonderful year you've had! I just love all your creative projects...you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you have done SO much this year! I'm impressed! Can't wait to see all that you do in 2011!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects!

    Are you going to school for interior design?

    Thanks for the blog comment, stop by again soon :o)

    -Samantha

    http://thisfashionista.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my gosh, this is so lovely! i just came across your blog and am super excited about all your pretty crafts and projects! you definitely have a lovely eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. love this post michaela!! looks like you've had a great year. :) and a giants world series win...the best birthday present!! i hope 2011 has a coffee date in store for us!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh wow! Your post just inspired me for some projects. You are so talented! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top