Fashion Friday #33: Headband Braid Tutorial



Did anyone else think the world ended when blogger wasn't working?? {I kid}

Happy Friday!  We've been lucky enough to get another day of sun this week. My roommate and I started this thing called working out. We hike walk all the way from our apartment to a park on the top of the hill. It takes us 30-40 minutes to get there, but the huffing and puffing is worth it once we get to the beautiful view of the mountains, space needle, and puget sound.  And so worth it once I get my donut (: You see, I'm not a fan of the gym {or much exercise at all, really...} but walking and not-to-hard of hikes are right up my alley. Beautiful, nature, fresh air! All this to say, my completely white shoes are gettin' a little bit dusty with the three walks we've done this past week. And I'm sore...which I'm enjoying. Do I get sticker for that?

Anyways.
Here's what I am wearing this week!




Top: B.P Nordstrom
Sweater: American Eagle
Army Green Jeggings: Citizens

Guess what?! I have a hair tutorial video for you. Finally! I explain why in the first part of my video (:
It gets a little crazy...my hair is whippin' back and forth. Enjoy!

ps. my voice might be slower than my mouth is moving...not sure why!



Have a fabulous weekend (:
Photobucket

20 comments

  1. CUTE! I'm terrible at doing that though, it always ends up looking like a hot mess!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too cute!! i can't wait to try. I have shorter hair, so it will be interesting to see how it works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im about to jump on a plane to head to the beach...this is perfect for the beach and keeping my hair out of my face!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this hair style...definitely going to give it a shot! thanks for the video :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did think the world ended when blogger wasn't working! Ruined my morning! Love the hair tutorial! Going to try it this weekend! Thansk

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahhh love it! Im going to try it tonight! or attempt anyways! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. no joke. my world literally did come to an end when blogger shut down. I was like ahh I cant stalk my peeps!

    i need to try this asap following your tutorial. when I've done it before, it comes out so puffy and it looks like a mohawk headband

    you are adorable!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh you're fast! My Mom used to do that to our hair all the time when we were younger. Nostalgia!

    I'm jealous you get to go back to Cali soon. Let's hang out before you do!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the tutorial! You make it look so easy so I'll definitely have to attempt it this weekend. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really love your outfit and the interior design you do. So darling! Thanks for the inspiration. Following you on Twitter.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay I am a big fan of ruffles, so I love love love that top! So cute.

    I also have to admit that I am not able to french braid... I am seriously french braid challenged! That's a really fun hair tutorial, but I think I might need someone to do it for me haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you are so stinking adorable michaela!!! looove your hair and loved the tutorial (:

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Cute tutorial Michaela! I do these braids all the time and wonder if I'm doing it wrong becuase my hair is everywhere but at the end it looks fine! Thanks for sharing this! it's a perfect look for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that braid is well beyond my motor skill level...can you do my hair for me in SF? thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. AW, this is so cute! I am sorta obsessed with hair braiding. I the type of braids you're showing here, except I just usually end up braiding around the back of my head instead. No idea why! But it's still cute. LOL

    I miss ya, girl. And your hair tutorials!! Hehe... It's been tooooooooo long. Are you out of school yet? Hope so! Hope you're well!

    XO,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't braid half as well as you, so this hairstyle doesn't work for me.

    I thought I had commented on this post already?? I'm confused after blogger's meltdown.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this hair tutorial and am totally going to try it today!

    I recently cut my hair though so I just hope it's long enough :)

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the hair tutorial! I'm trying to grow my hair out for my wedding, so I'm always looking for new styles:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yea the braid tutorial! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top