I Love You To the Moon and Back

Dear Mama,

I love you. You're the best mom I could ever ask for and I thank God daily for giving us to each other. I knew from the first time I opened my lunch to find a PB&J sandwich cut into a heart shape, that we would be close.  I knew we would be best friends.

Thank you for praying me into you and dad's lives.  Thank you for singing to me, for taking me to get my first pedicure at way too young of an age, for letting me sleep in your bed when I had a bad dream, for still sending me Easter baskets, and for making my birthday a huge deal.  Thank you for our arguments, because they teach me to be kind, have empathy and how to say sorry. Thank you for helping me with biology, for attending all of my performances, and thank you for trusting me.  But most of all, thank you for always showing up, for always having my back, and being my number one supporter.  Thank you for flying up my freshman year of college after I thought I was giving up.  Thank you for placing the desire in me to want to be a mom, just like you.



You continually teach me things about life and love and Christ, and for that, I could not be more grateful.  Thank you for correcting me, encouraging me, supporting me and loving me, always.

"I love you to the moon and back"-- that's how we sign every card we send.  I've never told you this, but  I say it because wherever we are, no matter how far apart or how close, we can both see the moon.

So, with that, I love you to the moon and back. Happy Mother's Day!


Gem Photo
Love,

15 comments

  1. As a momma of two girls, that was the sweetest thing ever! It's funny, whenever going someplace in the car the girls would always ask "where are we going", we'd always reply with "to the moon!" My Granny always signed our cards, P.S. Somebody Loves You! I'll never forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed reading all of the Mother's Day posts today! Stumbled onto your blog and loved reading what you wrote :) Your mother truly sounds like a gem! And what a beautiful picture of you both!!!! Thanks for sharing your Mother's Day praise! It is uplifting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post. We are so blessed to have great Mama's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. My mom and I also say the phrase, "Love you to the moon and back." :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. aww that was such a sweet post!

    I always associate PB&J with moms. Idk why for sure...

    The moon thing is so sweet and so true. I've always thought that about any kind of long distance relationship ; )

    CarissaExplainsItAll

    ReplyDelete
  6. aw now I'm crying. I think it is beautiful how close you and your mom are.

    ♥cheche

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet letter to your mama :) he sounds like a wonderful lady!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! We are truly blessed with wonderful mommas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful words to your mom:) i hope she had a great day! you are both so gorgeous.
    i just love moms:D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. I have such an emotional day {in a beautiful way} and this just brought me to tears. I can only hope that Riley feels the same day one day. You and your sweet mom are such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is the sweetest post, Michaela. Your mom sounds wonderful and you two are truly blessed to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're so sweet! What a nice letter to your mom! She is gorgeous! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post. I lost my mom almost 20 years ago and Mother's Day always leaves me with a bit of a twinge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. OH my gosh Michaela, I just teared up. This makes me miss my own mom so much because I feel like her and I are so much like you and your own mom. Hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very sweet. She is gorgeous! You both are.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top