It's the Little Things

A month ago I found an ugly dresser at Goodwill and refinished it. Sanding, painting, sealing, new knobs and a little elbow grease, and my dresser was nearly finished.  This weekend I came home to visit my family and got the chance to add some cute paper to the dresser drawers.
Before:


After:

I don't know about you, but shoes and jackets with a fun print as a surprise on the inside are really what sell me on the item.  It really is the little things that make me smile.  I couldn't let my poor dresser sit in my room {actually, it has been in the garage for the last month. oops...} without the inside dressed up a little!  After all, my clothes need a little print to sit on in there (:

Here's how I did it:

1. Clean out the dresser drawers

2. Get materials: paper, level (or straightedge), exacto knife, something to make your cuts on.


3. Measure your drawer space then measure out the length on your paper.  Hold the straight edge down tight and make your cuts using the exacto knife. I got really clean cuts using this method.


4. Cover the bottom of the drawer in Modge Podge:

5. Carefully lay your paper down. Once it is down and bubbles are smoothed out, cover the top of the edges with Modge Podge in order to seal the paper down.





I just love how they turned out!
{note: if you get paint, glue or anything really on your fresh manicure, it comes off with glue-gone. Works like a charm!}

And yes...the dresser is still sitting in my garage.  I really want to get it in my room, but this weekend went by so quickly I just didn't have time! {And when I finally asked my dad and brother for help moving it last night at 9pm, they said they were too tired. Clearly it's their fault(: }  It will be in my room and ready for it's photo shoot in 5 weeks...promise.

I also got a cheap-o mirror for above the dresser at TJ Maxx over the weekend. It was bronze:


And now it's a crisp white:


In other news, yesterday I went to the beach and it was 75 degrees. Amazing! My Washington skin wasn't ready for the California sun, as I came home with the worst sunburn I've ever had. It's so bad it's almost funny. 

Ha.

Have a lovely Monday! Are you working on any projects right now?
I'm sharing this post with Amanda at Serenity Now and Remodelaholic! (:

Love and A Surprise Inside,

38 comments

  1. Super cute! I love little surprises like unexpected prints (: And I was going to comment on your nice manicure. As for the sunburn, I feel your pain! My "I've-been-stuck-indoors-for-2-years-while-at-school" skin was not ready for the sun! ouch ouch ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so so cute. love it! wanna decorate my home when i move back to CA? yea? awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so presh. I love the fun print inside!

    I can't wait to see pictures of it in your room. PS: sorry I didn't text you back. It was a crazy night at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your choices of paper! Very pretty. Sorry about the sunburn, so not fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely love what you did with it! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll take the dresser from you ;) It's so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dresser and you did a fantastic job re-finishing it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i need you to come to my house and do this to everything i own.

    looks amazing!! way to go (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute!! way to go :) <3 EverRubyGirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dresser is gorgeous and even more glammed up with the paper liner! Hope you are glad to be home where it is warm as the west coast up here is just barely warming up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I *hate* sunburns!!! Which is unfortunate for me since it is apparently physically impossible for me to tan...(c: The dresser is so very charming with it's little dressed up drawers! I love the blue with the white...and the mirror looks fabulous! I can't wait to see the two beauties all styled up together! (c: Happy Monday, dear, and speedy recovery from the sunburn!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are adorable! Love the redesign and the painted white mirror. Stunning, my dear. :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so pretty! And I love the mirror- great find!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the liners and that you chose different patterns for each drawer...perfect!! Hope you're having a great Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. How great! It turned out wonderful!

    http://stilettosanddiaperbags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are amazing!! so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Michaela you did an amazing job! I love fixing up old pieces....and white is beautiful!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE all the little projects you do!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how you transformed those pieces, especially the dresser! I wish I had such ability! :)

    Have a great week, dear! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your paper choice girl! It looks fab! Funny... because I just shared our dresser for the peanut on my blog today as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh I love the look of decorating inside the drawers. It adds such a fun little accent!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I almost forgot about the inside of your dresser drawers... so glad you finally got to finish it. I love that you used modge podge on the liners... I have an entire jar of that stuff packed away and can't wait to get it out and use it on something! (:

    Sorry you got a bad sun burn... that's the worst. No projects for me now, but maybe once we move I'll 'need' a few things to do for our new place.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the idea of using paper for liners! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm sure your clothes will definitely appreciate sitting on such beautiful paper! I believe I'd do more laundry if it meant I could put my clothes away in such a pretty drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love this idea!!
    Thanks! :)

    ps. Cute blog.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Incredible! I was just talking to my best friend about how she's going to redo hers!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow, this is truly gorgeous!! You are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job!! Now everytime you go to pull out a pair of socks, you'll smile at that adorable paper! That's why attention to detail like that is so important :) Way to go M!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh I'm in love with that dresser made up so pretty!
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  30. It looks SO GOOD!! Love the little surprise inside :) And I just went to the beach and got burned too hmph! I was way too ghostly to be laying out in the sun for as long as I did - but oh well! We had fun :) Glad it's finally getting warmer out there!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I got sunburned today.

    From sitting in the car.

    I mean, really??

    ReplyDelete
  32. Eeeep! I love the inside of the drawers. Clearly. And this whole project reminds me so much of my dessert dresser Michaela :) With the lined drawers and white paint. It's too perfect for words!! Miss you xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. I have a dresser that could totally use this treatment. Thanks for the inspiration -- yours turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What kind of paper is that exactly? Wallpaper? Scrapbook paper? I am wanting to do the same thing for an old dresser to use in our nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love the paper you chose! So fresh and clean!

    ReplyDelete
  36. The mirror is perfect for the dresser! I love the tutorial :) Thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love it! It looks so finished off by dressing up the drawers! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

    Deanna

    http://deelitefulcreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top