Dreamin' of a White Christmas {Tree}

We finally finished our tree! This is my favorite part of Christmas...decorating the tree with my mama.  We've made lots of memories over the years that I'll treasure forever.  
Keeping with our natural, wintery-white theme {like the mantle}, we had the tree flocked, a little old-school, but I happen to love it. It feels so elegant!
 My mom and I decided against the traditional star or angel Christmas tree topper, and instead made our very own burlap bow. It was really easy!  Just gather a bunch of burlap in loops like below:
 After securing the burlap with wire, we hot glued a red bow in the middle, giving the tree some color.



We always have a theme to our tree and decorate in layers. This year we did all of our sparkly gold, white, red, and silver ornaments first, then came back in and layered our sentimental ornaments.  The four of us each have our own set of ornaments we've collected over the years, so a select few of those memories go on the tree, too!


We also ordered this burlap ribbon with red edging from Ballard Designs {on sale now!}


Each year since I was born, my grandma has given me a Precious Moments ornament...something I treasure so much!





Here she is looking in from our family room:

I couldn't resist playing around with my camera! I'm a sucker for white sparkly lights...


So there ya have it! 


I'm linking up with Megan from Honey We're Home, as the 4th day of our Christmas Cheer link party! Hope you'll link up, too (:

Here's the rest of Christmas Cheer link party schedule. Join us next week with a Christmas recipe and link up with Natasha!


What's your tree look like? Happy Thursday!
Love,
Photobucket

32 comments

  1. Gorgeous!! Will you come decorate my tree?? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a GORGEOUS tree!! love the pic of the lights!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. toooo funny! My aunt has given my sister and me Precious Moments ornaments ever since we were born too! My baby ornament is a little baby on a sleigh (1987) and I actually have the exact same 1993 ornament too. :) Great tree! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's SO pretty Michaela!! Love the burlap touches! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love the bow! I have got to learn the bokeh trick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely adore it!! I'm glad y'all include some sentimental ornaments! Trees just aren't the same without some meaningful aspects!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the tree! Can't wait to go home and help decorate ours a little bit more. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I love your tree! You and your family have the cutest decor, guess your schooling is paying off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so pretty! I love the burlap ribbon and topper.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful! I love the flocked look!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i adore the frosted tree and the burlap bow. so beautiful! and your home is incredible! perfection!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty! Flocked trees always remind me of my childhood, so I have a soft spot for them! My tree is all gold & red this year, with clear lights and a few of our sentimental ornaments sprinkled in here and there. Nothing fancy, but it's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a beautiful tree! It reminds me of Pottery Barn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is the cutest idea. I need to copy this :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your tree is stunning! Nothing makes a house feel more homey than a beautifully decorated christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! It looks SOOO wonderful! I really love the flocked tree! I need to do that next year! And the burlap topped and ribbon is so so pretty! I really think this tree belongs in Tahoe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOVE the tree topper! I want to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michaela it looks so pretty. I really love the bow and burlap ribbon around it. Such a pretty shot from the family room.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It is beautiful Michaela! I love the burlap bow!! I have used burlap ribbon in our holiday decor as well. Love the rustic feel and look of it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty - I really like the non-traditional tree topper!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks beautiful Michaela!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Its so pretty!!! we're getting our tree today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty! I love it! My mom has 2 trees at her house, one of which is flocked. I think it is a beautiful twist on the more traditional tree!

    ReplyDelete
  24. it looks lovely!! i love the burlap. very pretty.

    have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. It's absolutely gorgeous...traditional isn't always a dirty word! (c; It really is elegant and magical looking...have fun opening presents under it! (c:

    ReplyDelete
  26. i am a total sucker for a flocked tree..my boss in laguna beach always had hers flocked and i thought it always looked so rich and nice.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The tree is beautiful! Love it. Hope you've been doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  28. So pretty! I'd kill for tall ceilings this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE your christmas tree...the flocking makes me dream of a white christmas :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Michaela- your tree is just gorgeous! The bow, the flocking- I love it all!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top