{Vignette} Christmas Buffet

Welcome back to day 2 of our Christmas Cheer in the Blogosphere link parties! 
Today Courtney is hosting our Holiday Vignette party.  This could be a window box, piano, coffee table, dining table, or buffet...anything that has an arrangement of Christmas decor.
I'm here sharing what our dining room buffet looks like this season.  It's simple, very inexpensive {only cost us $7 for the branches!} and wintery.


First I bought these snow covered branches at Michael's and put them in this clear vase full of snow.  To get the branches to stay, I tied a rubber band around the bottom, filled the vase with paper towel {since that is sturdier than snow} to balance the branches.  I topped the vase off with lots of fake snow, and there ya have it!




Then, I put everything together. 
The keys to a great vignette {or accessorizing any shelf, buffet or the like} are:
1. Varying heights
2. Varying textures and shapes
3. Personalize
4. Don't over do it!


To create height, I stacked some Christmas book on top of each other and placed our crystal candle holders and DIY glitter candles on the books.  The branches create much needed height on the right side of the buffet, as well as add some fun snowy texture.  We personalized with our family photos- one of me and my brother, and one of the four of us in the snow from when we were little! Great memories (: 


 


A little bit of fresh greenery adds the finishing touch to this Holiday Vignette!
Have you put together any vignettes around your home yet?
***


I'm linking this post to Courtney's Holiday Vignette Link Party! 
Holiday


You should join in the fun, too. We're all so excited to see what you've come up with. Let me know in the comments if you linked up (:


In case you missed our Christmas Craft party, you can find it over here at Hi Sugarplum. All links will be open until Christmas Day.
Here's the agenda for the rest of the parties {click for more info}


Have a wonderful Thursday!
Love,
Photobucket


PS. Happy December.....WHAT?! Did I just say that? Can't believe it's already here!

15 comments

  1. so pretty!
    xo emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks amazing! So simple but chic :)

    Great, easy decorating piece...what could be better!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to let u know I've been reading your blog for a while and absolutely love your sense of creativity! I printed some of your DYI but I'm yet to execute...such a procrastinator. Well, now I know what to do with those twigs I got from Michael's :-) Check out my blog and let me know what you think. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the snow and branches...I want to do something similar on our mantel! Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your table looks so pretty...but better yet, who is the boy in the picture?!?!?!?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. . . I have a similar color scheme going on. Have a great day my dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, so cute!! I'm going home tomorrow and I want to try some of the upcoming days and link up! :) Happy December 1st, sweet friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So darling and simple!!! I love the glittery candles...glitter makes me smile (c: And shut the front door, it's DECEMBER?!?! Whaaaaat????

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cant WAIT to decorate for Christmas!!!!!! A bit slow around here but we'll get there... you did a lovely job and I like the height. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your glittery JOY letters - I included acrylic JOY letters in my vignette... just love that word during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea!!
    I love the wintery look it gave to your place :)

    Happy Thursday <3
    Simplycamylla.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. LOVE the glittery elements.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I saw those branches in Michaels when I was there last weekend.. they really are neat!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's very pretty, Michaela! I love all the sparkle. I also love the angel.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love it!! I might need to go get some branches from Michael's!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top