DIY Valentine Cards

I don't know about you, but I'm a sucker for receiving snail mail. And if it's a letter from a friend, it just about makes my week :) Since I can't bake for my girlfriends due to the distance between us, for Valentine's Day this year, I wanted to send out a cute, little {literally} something to all my girlfriends.  I cooked up a really fun and easy craft. Oh, and the kicker- I had everything needed for the project at my house already, except for the tags I used as cards. {$2.99 at Joann's}

Materials: Ribbon, lace, scissors, glue, decorative paper, brads and a brad hole puncher if you'd like :)


One: Use the colored ribbon to adorn the little greeting cards. Cut out hearts of decorative paper or even tissue paper! 

Two: Add small brads as decorative details.

Three: Make paper flowers by cutting out messy circles of tissue paper. Crunch the tissue paper and layer one on top of the other. Fasten it by sticking a brad through the middle of the flower.
 


Four: On some of the cards I used Puff Paint to write on the ribbon once it was glued down. 
 
Finished Product:

 




What I love about these are how simple and colorful they are. These could also be used as little gift tags for birthdays or holidays. So many options!
Just a small note letting someone know you love them could be the cherry-on-top of their week :)


**All photos taken and edited by Victoria Carlson Photography Be sure to check out her awesome photo blog. If you're looking for a photographer in the Seattle area...she's your girl**


I'm sharing this post with Today's Creative Blog.
Do you send out Valentines?
Love,
Photobucket


PS. Welcome to my new sponsor Twenty Three Oh One! Katy designs modern, fresh, and fun designs for you to print on your own. She sells save the dates, birth announcements, greeting 
cards, and party invitations.
 
Katy is so talented and all of her designs are truly adorable! Be sure to stop by her shop and then head over to her blog for more fun.
SHOP | BLOG

26 comments

  1. this is adorable :) i love the cards michaela!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love snail mail too! So thoughtful to make and send something handmade! These tags are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO cute! its the best thing to get mail! especially when its that cute and homemade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! Love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh those are SO cute!! i would be so happy to receive one of them :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so cute and I love that you wrote little messages on the back. So fun and personal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw so cute michaela! your diy was much neater than mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet idea!! Many of my friends are all far away too. This is a cute way to keep in touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great idea! And so wonderful that you can find all of the materials easily :)

    Thanks for sharing this!

    xxx
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are too cute. I especially like the one with the paper flower. Extra cute! I have a DIY on today too. Must be the middle of the winter boredom because it sure brings out the crafting obsession in me. That's what I've been doing for days on end! Hope you have a lovely day. I'm sure your friends will love receiving those!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are too cute. I especially like the one with the paper flower. Extra cute! I have a DIY on today too. Must be the middle of the winter boredom because it sure brings out the crafting obsession in me. That's what I've been doing for days on end! Hope you have a lovely day. I'm sure your friends will love receiving those!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omgosh - i LOVE these!!! I bought all my vday cards from Target's dollar aisle - totally lame.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is so sweet. i think nothing will ever beat a sweet note received in snail mail, ya know? i sent my mom and sis (they live 6 hours away) a little valentine with a magnet of my boys, they loved it. i should do more, though :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful little project! Such a fun idea for friends and family who live further away. Thanks for sharing Michaela!

    XO,

    Sam
    www.ThePeakofTresChic.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are so cute Michaela! Love how creative you are...and thoughtful! :) And congrats on your newest sponsor! I love Katy's shop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. AH! I got a suprise at the end of your post haha :). Thanks for the shoutout, friend!

    I love snail mail too! Those paper flowers are adorable.Hope youa re having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. My fave is the one with the tissue paper flower :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are darling, Michaela! You're so crafty!:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. gorgeous, gorgeous!! your friends are so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those are so sweet...I love the idea of making them tags instead of just regular ol' valentines! The lace idea is so brilliant, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so cute Michaela! I love the purple and pink together!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am making my own cards too! Yours are soo freaking cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those are super cute! Who wouldn't want to receive one of those!?

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOVE these tags you created!! So Pretty!! I'm sure your friends will greatly appreciate the work you put into them!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi! Just found your adorable blog through pinterest and realized you're an SPU girl! I am a SPU alum originally from Cali too... My hubby and I graduated in 2007. Anyway I love your style and am excited to be following along! Come visit me at burlapandbuttons.blogspot.com...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome cards!!! I love all these valentine's card.

    Valentines Day Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top