Orange Punch + New Purchase






Sometimes a punch of color is all you need to kick start your Monday morning. Or some color + a cup of coffee (or tea, in my case...) I think this Atlanta Home Tour, first seen on House Beautiful, does the trick. Now, with that said, this home tour isn't necessarily my personal style, but I do adore certain aspects of it. 
1. Orange pillows and curtains
2. Exaggerated drum shades over the dining room table
3. Tiered ceilings in the master bedroom
4. Symmetry in the guest bedroom
5. Texture in the light fixtures and in that amazing abstract art.
6. Curtains hung high and dramatic!

It's always fun to look at homes you wouldn't live in yourself, but learn to appreciate all design and in turn, pick out elements you do love from other styles. What's your favorite element in this home? 

In other news, we are in the process of updating a few things in our kitchen/family room, and yesterday we purchased a new dining table and chairs. We also got this beauty from Pottery Barn. It's on sale for $99!! I can't wait for it to come in the mail.
Hope you had a lovely weekend! What did you do? 
Enjoy your Monday:)
Love,
Photobucket
PS. I'm really excited about my post for Thursday on dorm rooms and all the fun things that come along with it! Email me if you'd like specific things addressed...I've got some great bloggers who have lots of dorm/small space living experience:)

19 comments

  1. That kitchen is so gorgeous. The lighting adds the perfect touch of warmth to the space. And I love your new chandy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That home is gorgeous! LOVE that painting over the mantle... just gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh I love how clean and modern that house is, while still seeming homey. Also, that light fixture is a steal! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe you scored that chandy for $99! What a great find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that light fixture! We have been hunting for the perfect light fixtures for our new home and haven't found them yet. Westelm.com so far is leading the pack in possibilities.

    Jess
    sparklesandcrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish my house looked like this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pop of color in those first few pictures. I'd love to see your small space living posts, what a great idea!

    -Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving these pictures!!! Rooms with neutrals and one color always look so great! And I am WAY excited to read your dorm room post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the neutrals mixed with bright pops of color. And, for some reason, the covers (slip covers?) on the night tables in the guest room really stand out to me. I like how they look!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a beautiful home! I love the pop of orange! Brightens up the day :)

    And your new purchase is amazing! love that light!

    http://www.lilmsadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm loving the pop of color in these rooms! The orange is so aesthetically pleasing! :)

    www.clothedwithstrengthanddignity.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bet it is going to look fabulous! Can't wait to see pictures!
    www.adryonthedaily.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooooh, that living room! I'm swooning, (and cringing at all the white that could be met with wine or coffee or fingerpaints:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice score on that chandelier, M! And I too am loving these subtle but awesome pops of orange. Great post, love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohhh, love the chandelier!! I don't really love orange, but I love what you said about appreciating the beauty in everything, even if it's not what you would personally choose. So perfectly said! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful chandy! The perfect combination of rustic and glam.

    ReplyDelete
  17. That light fixture is gorgeous! Can't wait to see it in the space :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. that is all one home?? give me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. i love those punches of color! they're tastefully done and visually intriguing. i especially love the orange!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top