White Fireplace Reveal

I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was helping my good friend redo her fireplace.  The red brick and wood mantel was sort of an eye-sore, and we both had the same idea: paint it white! Before I get to the reveal, let's look at some rooms that have beautiful, white fireplaces:
via 
via 
via
So using these fireplaces as our inspiration, we got to work. The process was super easy. 
1. Clean the fireplace so it's free of filth and dust
2. Prime
3. Paint two coats of white paint
4. Enjoy :)

Here's the before {excuse the poor photo quality...}

With it primed:

Here's the after

The walls were also painted a subtle shade of taupe/gray, which really helps offset the fireplace.  Even my friend's husband, who was skeptical of the white fireplace at first, thinks it's great.  Double score :)

Don't you love the outcome? Have you painted anything white recently?
Happy Tuesday!
Love,
Photobucket
PS. My sweet friend Brittany is offering 20% off to her adorable shop, Love Stitched.  She makes great jewelry and headbands. Use the code "creative" at check out!


18 comments

  1. LOVE LOVE IT!!!!! i want a fireplace so that I can paint it white too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks beautiful! i Love white fireplaces! It makes a great focal point for this room - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!! I'll have to keep this idea in mind for the future. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! Way to take a risk. It paid off. Great inspiration photos. Love the new About page - well done and so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it turned out great. Unless the brick is aged and has a ton of character I am all about painting it. Looks wonderful, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The white looks so much better! Can I just say that I had never really understood painting bricks or furniture, but then when I found your blog I could totally understand.

    The white was definitely a good choice.
    You're so cute, "double score!" lol seriously though

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, when you say you painted it white, is it like a shade of white, or is it just straight up white?

    -Jordan :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's gorgeous! I just recently repainted one of my clients fireplace white also...it's amazing how much more appealing it looks. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love white brick! I whitewashed our brick fireplace and it was one of the best things I've ever done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the grey and burgundy accents to the white. Very sharp design.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the look of white fireplaces, especially if they're brick. What a great suggestion--it completely changed the room!

    -Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  12. love it! that looks so good! I'm thinking of doing a makeover of our fireplace... I just need to convince my husband haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Painting our ugly brick fireplace white was the best thing for our living room; second best was painting the brass doors black. I used a heat safe spray paint so we're ok of we ever decide to use the fireplace.

    Your friend is lucky she had some help! Painting brick is tricky because it soaks up so much paint. Priming took me forever and then I was so lucky to have my husband offer to spray the paint on with his fancy spray machine.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks amazing!! Love the grey and white together!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the fireplace re-do! It looks SO much better.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the fireplace re-do! It looks SO much better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. we just painted my best friend's fireplace white too, and it looks amazing! her hubby was skeptical at first also, but loves it now..those men are always funny like that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks gorgeous! I can't believe how modern that room looks now just by painting the fireplace.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top