If You {Really} Knew Me...

image via victoria carlson photography
Today I'm jumping on a train and writing about things you'd know about me if you reallllyyy knew me.   A few other blog friends of mine have already done it, so I'm playing along today.

If you really knew me...
You'd know my favorite color is purple {oh wait, I'm sure you've figured that out by now!}


You'd know my number one dream in the whole world is to get married and have some cute little kiddos :) I've always wanted to be a mom...and I can't wait for that day. God's timing will be perfect.


You'd know I'm the pickiest eater around. I don't eat seafood, I don't really like when my food touches the other food on the plate (like sauces or syrup getting all over), bread is my favorite, I really like things plain jane, I could eat pasta all the time, I order caesar salads with ranch dressing, and clearly, I love chocolate. 


You'd know I'm pretty nervous about moving to Los Angeles this Fall and basically starting from scratch with friends, involvement, getting to know the city and the school. Of course I'm also super excited for the new adventure!


You'd know I'm a morning person and I wake up around 7-8am. I have to eat breakfast as soon as I wake up. And enjoy my morning tea :)


You'd know that I'm a horrible test-taker. I can study for hours and still score worse than someone who didn't study at all...talk about frustrating! It's okay though- I still got into a great university, I do well in my classes and even if I didn't, no one looks at college course grades once the diploma is in my hand! :)


You'd know that I definitely have moments of doubt. Will I have the business skills it takes to run my own business? Will I be able to afford to start my own company? What if this whole thing doesn't work out? .....But then I try to pep-talk myself back into a positive outlook.


You'd know I was a hot mess in middle school. {I think everyone was though...hopefully?!}


You'd know that although I love meeting people and spending time with friends, it's my alone time that really recharges my batteries. Definitely an introvert! 


I'm the messiest painter, baker, and dishes-doer.  Paint goes everywhere, flour ends up on the floor, and water notoriously gets sprayed every-which direction.


You'd know my first reaction to being nervous or breaking something is quiet laughter.


You'd know I love Jesus with all my heart. You'd also know that my life isn't always rainbows and smiles.  Life is messy and hard, but I try my best to trust in God's plan for my life.  My heart for people and design come from Him.


You'd know I love dogs. Namely our own new puppy, Hope. There's something about pups that just make me smile. Thank you Lord for dogs and other animals that are as cute as a button!


You'd know I love singing. I think I sung my first word.  I was in choir and musical theatre up until the end of high school! My favorite type of music is country music...although right now, I can't get enough of all the hip-hop and pop on the radio. So catchy.


That's it for now...
Now you tell me something about yourself in the comments!
Happy Friday:) Enjoy your weekend.
Love,
Photobucket

22 comments

  1. Haha we are so similar! I'm definitely a picky eater/introvert/hot mess in middle school allll the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only eat the curly fries from Arby's. The straight ones go to my husband.
    http://www.boundsblog16.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so cute. I learned fun new things about you. I am the messiest painter, too. It's a major joke around here. And not so funny, ruined our brand new outdoor table with spray paint that soaked through a project. Not so funny ;(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is fun to get to learn more about you! I laugh because you are a combo of my two girls. Oh, and we still have permanent spray paint marks on our back patio...yup...Elie, Katie and I are not neat painters!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun little post! I learned something new about you - I didn't know country music was your fav! You will definitely have to come to Nashville now :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have SO much in common it's CRAZY! I grew up in the LA area so if you ever need any pointers let me know! also I am going to be out there in september we should meet up! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm a very picky eater too, my food pretty much always needs to be plain. i love country music. if you ever want to hangout while you're in LA, i'm in san diego and always down for a good drive.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is all so cute. I'm a really fussy eater too, I don't eat seafood or dairy or curry's. My weird little fact is that when I work out at home I like to wear my pajama bottoms (specifically my blue ones).
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. middle school mess. absolutely! me too :)

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh hooray for another "If you really knew me..." post! I have so enjoyed reading these and getting to know the blogger behind the blog a little better :-). Oh no. You were DEFINITELY not the only one who was a hot mess in middle school :-p!!! I recharge by being alone too...or just hanging at home with friends who are closer than sisters-no pretension. I'm not a good test taker either- especially when I'm being timed. Totally a mind-game. - And you will do GREAT with your new adventure!!! Can't wait to follow along :-) - As for me, well, I wrote all about myself in my own "IYRKM" post, but let's see...something new for today: you'd know that I eat my food from least favorite thing to favorite thing on my plate - usually without mixing things. I always save the best for last :-) Happy weekending!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I'm sure you'll have no trouble making friends when you move to LA! But, I'm in Orange County so if you ever need a buddy, I'm not too far!

    Hmm something about me...I laugh at EVERYTHING. Including my own jokes. It's kind of embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is so fun to read!! thanks for sharing a bit about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate for my food to touch too! And I eat one thing at a time- usually in a circle around my plate! My family thinks I'm crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are going to love living in Los Angeles! I graduated from Azusa Pacific University and still live in the area! Also know of some great churches if you need help getting plugged in.

    Let me know :)

    ~Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a picky eater, too!! Like....a REALLY picky eater. Ha ha. You're so cute, kinda sad you moved back to Cali!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So cute! I'm definitely an introvert, too! That's why I like blogging so much...friends but personal space. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love reading these type of post! I learned something about you that I didn't know from reading your blog. I thought you would be more of a social butterfly than an introvert and I had no idea you were a singer! I also love ranch and eat it on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like this post! I'll have to do it sometime soon. First of all, yes everyone is a hot mess in middle school...eek! You are going to do so well in LA and make lots of friends-your friendliness comes across in your blog so i'm sure it will in person LOL Puppies are the best! I have a 2.5 yr old lab mutt whose adorableness gets her out of all the trouble she causes. I actually wanted to be an interior designer and did about a year and a half worth of classes before I decided I'd rather keep it a hobby than make it a career (grades made me frustrated...getting a B because of line weight after spending 10 hours drawing a floor plan killed me!) Now I just completed my master's in marriage and family therapy :) Good luck with finishing school!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha! Two peas in a pod my friend... I too like plain foods and am a bit of a picky eater, I am a total morning person, terrible test taker, was a majorly hot mess in middle school, and although I love hanging out with people, cherish my time alone too. :) Happy weekend girly!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha, awesome idea :)

    I'm also a picky eater, I don't like my food mixing with other bits (unless it's supposed to be like that!) and I hate it when hot food goes cold or lukewarm.

    I might have to take a leaf out of your book and do this on my blog! I think it's cool when you get to see more about the person behind the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved this post! It's easy to think you know someone just based on their blog, but these little sneak peeks into the life of another person are always refreshing. I always wanted to be a mom, too, and now that I've been married for 4 years and am a mom of 2 (a 1 year old and a 2 1/2 year old!), I realize that I spent my time benig single wishing I were married with kids, rather than enjoying being single! So sleep in every once in a while, travel (a LOT!), buy things just for fun. Really enjoy your singleness, and take advantage of doing those things you won't be able to do as easily once married with kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ok, I didn't know you were such a singer!!! I think you should post a video on your blog where you sing us your current favorite hip hop song... and I vote Niki Manaj ha ha : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top