{Before & After} Modern & Cozy Living Room

A few weeks ago I gave you a small taste of my sweet client {and blogger} Jill's new living room. After working on her e-design last November, all the furniture has been purchased, curtains have been hung, and gallery wall has been put together! Want to see the results?!
Let's start with a blast from the past....
BEFORE:


GAME PLAN: 
AFTER:
 
 
How sweet is that last photo?! Melt my heart.


What we did: In order to lighten up the room {and distract from the dark sectional}, I chose to paint the room a soft gray and dress up the windows with some great printed curtains. Subtle, but with just enough pattern.  Next, we needed to create a separate dining and office area- all in this little space! We did this in the two little nooks of the room and tried to designate the areas into two distinct zones.  Fun throw pillows and some beautiful wedding photos hung together in a gallery wall topped off the living room. 
  ***
I'm so thrilled with how the room turned out! Jill was a joy to work with and she was a master design-executor.  We were lucky enough to have a fabulous photographer in the area to capture Jill's hard work. Thank you to Deanna Di Marzio for photographing the room! 
Deanna is a talented photographer in the Boston area, and does everything from interior/real estate photos to children, families, engagement and weddings. She's so kind and wonderful, so if you're in need of a photographer in Boston, MA give her a shout :)
 DEANNA DI MARZIO PHOTOGRAPHY WEBSITE 
***


What's your favorite part about the room? If you're looking to update a room in your home, I'd love to create an e-design for you. Visit my e-design page here, or email me at michaelawarner90@gmail.com. Discounted rates for Spring! :)


Have a lovely weekend...
Love,
Photobucket
PS. Catch me over at The Designer Lifestyle sharing one of my favorite pieces of furniture!


33 comments

  1. WOW! it looks fabulous! i love all the textiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great room! I love that unit that houses the television equipment. Do you know where it's from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. where are those curtains from? i'm in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks fabulous! love the silver chairs at the table, the tv stand, and the prints above the dresser. lovely design and execution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how this turned out - I've been excited to see the final room! You did such a great job making this space so functional! I think my favorite part is the little dining nook and the panel curtains - gorgeous job Michaela & Jill!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifulllllllllll! Girl you are so good at what you do! :) You need to come to Texas and help a sista out! :) I love the curtains and the LOVE photo on the wall. Where did you get those!? You're a babe and I just adore you! :) MUAH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE IT!! I think the gray painted walls are my favorite. And I love the wall with the tall dresser and all of the framed French pics. Well done!

    Mendi @ Her Late Night Cravings

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! You have talent! :) So on a totally random note... are we going to get to see wedding pictures from the wedding you were in a few weeks back? I saw the teaser on FB and I've beend dying to see more... please share! The more the better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks fantastic. I love the little eating area and the grouping of photos above the dresser piece. Happy weekend, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! The French wall is so great haha I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you please share the paint color/brand, Where the curtain panels are from, and pillows? Would love to know. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The room looks great!! I love the ottoman and desk area!! You did an amazing job M!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. ooh love the paint, curtains and paris themed prints. and chiavari chairs for a home!? fancy touch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi everyone! Thank you for your kind comments :) Because this was an e-design and my client paid for the design, I don't give away where the items came from. However, I already did mention the paint color in a previous post, so I can share that! It's called Natural Gray by BEHR and it's the same gray I used in my bedroom here in Seattle. Beautiful color!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. @anonymous: Yes! I'm going to post the wedding photos as soon as the photographer gives me the go-ahead :) Should be coming soon! They're amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this room! It's amazing how much the room has opened up and even looks bigger with the softer colors.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Everything looks AMAZING girlfrend!! I am so proud :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the space!! Esp. the pictures over the white dresser. So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looks so good! The nicely organized gallery wall with paris prints is perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks fantastic! I love those yellow pillows and the sofa looks SO comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Michaela,you are SO talented! This room is gorgeous! I am so ready for us to get engaged so I can have you start decorating our future apartment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks absolutely amazing!!!!! Oh my gosh, I need a makeover!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. wow, absolutely incredible transformation! so open and refreshing :)
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you made every part of the room function. The desk space and little table are perfect for really living in this space! Love that ottoman too!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michaela- I LOVE what you did with the space! You are such a talented designer! I love the West Elm ottoman, especially! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love how it turned out Michaela! I especially love the wall of photos in white frames. LOVE LOVE LOVE. :) Happy weekend girly. Good luck with the bio. hehe! I loved that class though. Weird, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You did an AMAZING job! I would so hire you in a second once we buy a house whenever that would be haha! I love those yellow pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, it looks great, and I am simply loving the grays and the framed prints and curtains and those lamps...so fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Every detail looks perfect, I especially love that ottoman! It must be so rewarding to see your work come together at such a young age. Congratulations on your amazing success thus far!
    Tiffany
    thedesignerlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. I could totally live in that room. I can't decide what my favorite part is. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  31. well.. I love this room. But clearly, I am biased.

    And also, I think Sophie is the cutest dog in the world (okay, tied with Hope) for the cutest dog in the world :) Just sayin.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top