It's All Black & White

There's something about black and white paired together. It's can be classic, elegant, edgy, retro- it all depends on the shapes, lines and dosage of each color in the room. I also happen to love a black and white photograph.  Is it just me, or do black and white pictures just seem more authentic and moment-savoring?! {Yes, I just made that phrase up:)}


via 
via
via
via
via
I happen to love these interiors and think that even though there's barely any color, the rooms have enough interest through pattern and shapes.  Don't get me wrong, I still love me some color, but these black and white rooms are also making me swoon :) I was once told that "every room needs a touch of black to ground the space" and I think I'm definitely on that train.  Even if it's a just a tiny little touch, there's something to be said for that dark, grounding color. 


What's your favorite room from these images?
Happy Wednesday! {Back next week with our regularly scheduled program. She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not took a week off :) The next link up party for She Loves Me will be April 18th!}
Love,
Photobucket

14 comments

  1. my favorite is the first- i love that it is black and white but not glammed up and still casual and almost beachy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about black and white being super classy. I think my favorite image is of that chevron wallpaper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!:)
    Simona
    www.simimaus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, I love that second to last bedroom! That's so stunning how the only black wall is right against the bed, and the rest looks like it's white...plus I love those monogrammed pillows! Definitely pinning this one as an example of balancing masculine and feminine (I think I'm going to have a hard time relinquishing my girl cave-like bedroom someday so I try to pin inspiration haha!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black and white is such a striking combo! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the black table with the gallery wall. Those worn medium tone floors are my favorite. Love me some black and white. Especially with a pop of fresh flowers. And I think every room should have one black piece to ground it. Makes such a difference. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the contrast! And I am going through such a stripe faze! I adore them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, love Black and White (You should see my wardrobe too) ... and these images are perfect - so is moment savoring! Thanks for sharing and hope you enjoy the rest of the day. Jalon

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree - even if you love white, it looks whiter with a little black next to it!
    Kinda like how salt makes chocolate taste more chocolately....or is that just me..
    :)
    xoAmy

    ReplyDelete
  10. black and white is ALWAYS such a classic...and this post proves it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am all about black and white too. It is so classy and chic and something that would never go out of style.

    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE the chevron on the entry way wall. I saw that photo before we moved into our new apartment and I tried to do something similar for an accent wall in our kitchen...it's my favorite spot in the apartment now! :)
    Very cute picks!

    Andrea
    http://leftbrainrightbrainpugbrain.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely love the first one! So fun. I am all about some black!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top