{Birthday!} Twenty Two Things for Twenty Two Years


Twenty two things for twenty two years...

I believe:
1. God loves us. He gives us our talents and blesses us in new ways each day. Our hope and security lies in Christ.
2. Family is the most important thing.
3. Friends are a close second; choose friends who lift you up and encourage your spirits.
4. Tea soothes the soul.
5. In finding any 'ole reason to throw a celebration.
6. Purple anything has the ability to make someone smile.
7. I will never be too old to blow out birthday candles.
8. Country music actually is the best.
9. Love is a rare find, something I can't wait to have again.
10. In doing what you're truly passionate about. Do it with your whole heart.
11. In second chances.
12. In miracles. Freshman year in college, I found my roommate in her bed not breathing and called 911.  This was hands down the scariest moment and next few days of my life, as i watched my sweet roommate regain strength and come out of the coma.  I can honestly say I witnessed a miracle of life and again, God's unfailing love and unending grace.
13. Seattle made me appreciate the sunshine so much, and also gave me a surprising adoration for a little bit of rain.
14. In handwritten notes of all kinds, for any occasion, or without any occasion at all. They are my love language.
15. In the future. {read: future business ideas run through my head 24/7, wedding is planned, kids are named.... yikes!}
16. Golden Retriever's are the fastest way to light me up and give me warm fuzzies. How would we live without these cuties?!
17. Dessert. Lots of it. Especially cupcakes and cookies 'n cream ice cream.
18. Filling your home with things you love will truly make waking up each morning a little sweeter.
19. Trials and pain are put in our paths to make us stronger, to depend more on God, and to cause us to count our blessings.
20. I just may be the plainest pickiest eater I've ever known.
21. Painting puts me at ease, peonies are the loveliest of flowers, and there's nothing like a brand new outfit.
22. Glitter is never going to go out of style.

Birthday's are a big celebration in our family; there's something magical about the day. Even though I'm not with my family today (the first birthday without my fam ever!) I am so blessed by all of them.  
I'm so thankful for the 22 years I've had...and can't wait for many more to come. I'm off to Texas for the weekend to visit my brother and to celebrate. A fun recap will be coming next week!
Happy November! {Can you believe it's already here?!}
Love,
Photobucket

44 comments

  1. Oh, happy birthday!! Eat a big slice of cake for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures! Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! Hope your day is filled with joy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday beautiful girl. Loved reading this and learning a little bit more about you. May God fill your 22nd year with a thousand little blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you my dear are a true beauty. inside and out. happiest of birthdays to YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are wise beyond you years! Happy Birthday Michaela. Hoping I can to tell you that in person this weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just the prettiest pictures. I hope you have the happiest of birthdays! xo

    Alyssa
    The Glossy Life

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a beautiful list and you have accomplished so much already at 22! Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy birthday!! My first birthday apart from my family was last year. It actually isn't too bad if you have good friends surrounding you :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday!!!!! Love this post! Might have to steal this idea for my birthday next month haha

    I'm so with you on so many of those items, there isn't room to write them all here. I hope you have a wonderful day & a wonderful year being 22!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Texts and twitter are not enough birthday love haha so I'm adding a blog comment to this ADORABLE post :) So many beautiful things to be thankful for, and what a perfect way to start out being 22! Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday! Where is that bracelet from?!? LOVE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy birthday love!!! I agree glitter is never going out of style! :) Hope today is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. happy birthday! if i come up to LA soon. i'm taking you out to dinner or something!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday Sweet Friend! I love your 22 things...especially about having friends that lift you up! That's why I'm so glad you're in my life! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Birthday! Love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Happy Day to you! 22 is a special year:-) It's one of those unexpected seemingly low-key numbered years in life, and then boom, BIG things happen! Can't wait to see what's in store for you! Dream big and eat cake! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. what a sweet post, michaela! you are such a rare and genuine soul and i love knowing you. happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy, Happy Birthday, Michaela!

    I hope you have an absolutely lovely day, surrounded by family, friends, and all the things you love most.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahh I agree with so much of this and had to giggle at number 15. SAME here. Plus with the rain... I think LITTLE BIT is the operative word, right? Happy birthday sweet lady!!!!!
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such cute photos! Happy 22nd Birthday!! There is nothing like a brand new outfit!

    xx
    Giovanna
    www.oliveandanarrow.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. happy happy birthday!! hope you have a wonderful day and eat lots of cake (or cupcakes)!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Is someone missing cupcake royale? Happy birthday dear, enjoy every moment of 22 it goes fast!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Happy Birthday to you! November birthdays are the BEST! ;-)

    ~Anneke at www.thisthatandlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE IT M <3
    Happy Birthday bestie! Those pictures are gorgeous.
    <3LYSS

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Birthday Michaela! You are a very sweet, delightful and talented woman with a huge heart. I wish you the happiest of birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy Birthday beautiful ! I am absolutely loving your glitter shower pictures they are really lovely !

    Love Chrissi xo

    www.christianaholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. That was so beautiful. The words and the pictures! I love the glitter. I hope you have a very special birthday! Enjoy it for every second :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Happy Happy birthday! Here is wishing that all your dreams will come true!

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  30. Totally adore these pictures!! Happy happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Happiest birthday to you, God Bless sweet friend! Card is in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love this list. love love love. I hope you had the happiest day, friend. Have a great weekend in Texas! You should have a layover in Memphis just so we can chat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Love how you listed 22 things. :) SO glad you were there for your roommate! Have a great time in Texas (my home)!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well said, Michaela! And a happy birthday (again!) to youuuuu!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Happy (late) Birthday, pretty lady!

    Love your list... 8: for sure, 17: agreed, 19. amen and amen.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Happy Birthday to you sweet Michaela!! God bless you always!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Happy birthday, Michaela! I don't think I knew your birthday was 11/1; mine is 11/2! I hope you had a nice day and a nice weekend away!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I missed your birthday. :( Hope it was as amazing as you. Loooove those pics...and your list!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top