The Start of Christmas Decor

Ah, the morning after Thanksgiving.  Always a tough one to mustard up the strength and roll out of bed, isn't it?!  Our Thanksgiving was lovely and oh-so-delicious.  I was in charge of whipping up the mashed potatoes and I have to say, they turned out quite well. Yum! 

I have a big day ahead, as my mom and I are decorating the Christmas tree and mantel to get ready for our Christmas Cheer Link Parties

Last year we got our tree flocked and loved it, but this year we decided to change it up and forgo the flocking. All the elements we're using to decorate the tree are natural, glittery, and neutral colored.  Think lots of creams, whites, beiges and possibly a touch of cranberry red.

Below are some Christmas decor inspiration images I'm loving:
 
 
Images: one, two, three, four via Country Living; five, six via Traditional Home; seven, eight, nine via Traditional Home Virginia house tour


What's not to love about this season? I just want to cozy up by the fireplace, stare at our pretty tree {once it's all decorated}, drink copious amounts of hot chocolate and some enjoy family time. When are you decorating your tree and do you have a theme?

I hope your Thanksgiving was wonderful. Would love to hear what you did in the comments! To see sneak peeks of our Christmas decor, follow me on instagram: michaelanoelle.

Have a great weekend!
Love,
Photobucket
PS. Welcome my sponsor Brianna of Breezy Days blog. 
Over at her cute blog, she shares about her life, love story, and lots of fun outfits she puts together. Stop by and say hello!

12 comments

  1. I love the holidays!!! I can't wait to see your tree and mantle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All these beautiful decor ideas really makes me wish I had a mantel to decorate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to see some of your decorations! We will be putting up our tree and decorating a little today. It is going to be a challenge this year since we're still "building" our collection of decorations, but I know it will be so sweet to look back on this year! We don't do "theme" tree, but we always collect ornaments on our vacations and we get one on special occasions. It makes decorating the tree and reminiscing on old times so special!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing what you and your mama put together!

    That image of the home with all the wreaths ... Ugh. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last image is lush! Hot chocolate and family time sounds ideal. I'm not allowed to start decorating for Christmas until Dec 1, can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what y'all do! I know it will be perfection!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wreath hanging by the striped ribbon. Me and stripes are having a love affair right now. I can't wait until next Christmas when I'll have a home to call my own, I will be going to town with decoration :) Xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's tradition to go shopping on Black Friday then after we've shopped and dropped its time to bust out the Christmas decorations. Lights, the tree (fake and prelit - it's just so much easier that way), garland, pine cones and lots and lots of colorful ornaments!

    My theme is everything GOLD and Glittered! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So it is totally normal for Americans to start decorating literally the day after Thanksgiving ?? In England we start on the 1st December and that is if you are really keen on Christmas ... my mom and I love our trees and will be putting it up next Saturday and I can't wait ...

    My theme is pink, gold and white !!!

    Love Chrissi xo

    www.christianaholt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the shootout!! You are too sweet :) and I cannot WAIT for some Christmas decorating once school calms down a bit. Finally in a real house where I can get a real tree. Woot woot! Hope you had an awesome Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING POST:)Im following your wonderful blog now.

    If you want to see some beautiful antiques..check out my new post:)

    have a wonderful day dear

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis.se

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful images, that is my dream home. So welcoming and cozy.
    ox, C
    www.thesweetestoneoverthemoon.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top