Pray for SPU



As many of you know, I graduated from Seattle Pacific University just last year at this time. Yesterday, a shooting took place in SPU's general education building, a classroom I had many classes in. Upon hearing this horrifying news, I couldn't even fathom it. Confused. Angry. Upset. How could this happen at the safe, beautiful, brick lined campus, that I attended for 3 years?! I have never and will never understand motives behind violence and terror like this.

My heart is sad and heavy today for those who were involved, for the family who lost their 22 year old son, for the teachers and faculty, and for the current and graduated students of SPU. Our school's motto is to "engage the culture and change the world" and so today, here we are presented with a tragic situation where we have the opportunity to do just that. We don't know why this happened, but we do have hope in Christ. We are thankful that this earth, full of ugly violence, isn't our forever home, but a much better place is waiting for us. All we can do is pray for those involved and trust God's plan for his people. Unfortunately, the culture engaged our campus in an awful act of terror and now it's our job to change the world by proclaiming the hope we are offered in Jesus.

It's been an amazing thing watching my old classmates come together in this time of mourning what our school has lost. I'm proud to have graduated from a university where there are so many loving, genuine, caring people. Seattle will always have a piece of my heart. Will you join me in praying for Seattle Pacific University?


Photobucket

5 comments

  1. Michaela, thank you for sharing. We had not heard the news. Praying!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's horrible! I'm so sorry that this has happened so close to home for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for SPU & you, I am so saddened to hear this. Jesus work your peace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with SPU. So heartbreaking and it hits so close to home for you Michaela. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( it is always SO heart breaking to hear these events. the world is so small, I've seen many people i care about being affected. so sorry friend. definitely praying for everyone who is aching.
    xxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top