Client Project: Modern Farmhouse Progress

Hope you had a wonderful weekend! How's your Monday so far? Mine's off to an early start with lots of design work ahead today for my clients + watching one of my sweet friends' two little girls for a few hours. 

I thought I'd show you some progress pictures of the custom build I'm working on right now! I've been mentioning it on Instagram stories a lot, and so finally today I'm showing you some peeks. I'm so honored to have this home in the Michigan Parade of Homes this coming May! It's always been a business dream and goal of mine, so the fact that it's happening is definitely a "pinch me" moment!

This is the kitchen. The cabinets went in and look gorgeous! I cannot wait to show you the backsplash for the kitchen. We're doing a white subway tile with a crackle finish and then a gorgeous marble hand laid tile above the range.

This is the little desk area in the kitchen:

The laundry room also has white cabinets, since it's right off the kitchen, so they'll tie nicely into each other. This backsplash is also going to be really beautiful and sleek!


The floor in the laundry room is so fun (below), so we paired it with a simple quartz (the same that will be in the kitchen to keep things consistent). To finish it off, we're doing a stainless steel backsplash all the way up to the cabinets. It's going to be a show stopper!

This is the mudroom. The laundry room door is the right of the picture, we're standing in the kitchen to take the picture, and the door to the garage is to the left of the picture. My client has 5 kids (5!!!) so this locker storage is a necessity. It's going to be beautiful and functional for their family! We'll be making a custom bench cover for the little window seat.
The basement of the house is really large, featuring a kitchen, family room, 3 bedrooms + 1 bath, and a work out room. The countertop is a gorgeous quartz with some beige and gray (greige) veining, which you can see below. You know the 5 kids I was telling you about? 4 of them are boys, so all of their rooms are in the basement and will be sharing a bathroom. The bathroom design is below with the darker wood cabinet, this same quartz we're using in the basement kitchen, and we will be tiling the entire wall behind the vanity with this amazing wood-looking tile in a herringbone pattern. It's going to have a really cool, industrial farmhouse look for the boys.
Another thing I'm looking forward to seeing come together is the gorgeous lighting we have picked out for this home. You can see some of the selections below:
glass pendant (kitchen) / recycled glass multiple pendants (dining room) / recycled glass sconce (master bedroom) / schoolhouse curved arm sconce (powder room) / schoolhouse flushmount
Those are all the sneak peeks I have so far, but stay tuned on my Instagram Stories this Wednesday, as I'm going on site and will share more progress!
xoxo
interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top