September 2018 Goals



First of all, I have not done a goals post for quite some time. I intentionally took the summer months off writing these, so I could spend more time enjoying the glorious (and sometimes very humid!) weather. Second, THIS was last year's September goals. The picture of Lincoln is killing me...he was so little!!


Since I don't have any goals to look back on from last month, I'm just going to dive into September's goals! This is a fun month for us, as it's our wedding anniversary month. Hooray!


- Celebrate our anniversary together! I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since our wedding...how time flies. We're going to go to dinner on our anniversary (where I'm not sure-- I think my husband is surprising me!) Our anniversary gift to each other is going to the Keith Urban concert in October, which my husband also surprised me with, but couldn't wait until our anniversary to tell me ;) Gotta love it!! I cannot wait.

- Watch our wedding ceremony video and our speeches on our wedding anniversary. Also, dance to our first dance song. This is a tradition we started last year and I'm so excited to continue doing this forever!

- On the topic of marriage, one of my goals this month is to not be so naggy. I know it's a habit I fall into easily because I like to be in control, but I don't want to be this type of wife!

- In conjunction with our anniversary, I'd love to write a post about marriage so far, what we've learned, etc. If you have any questions, let me know and I can answer them in the post!

- I am currently getting a client's home ready for the Parade of Homes, which starts October 5th here in Grand Rapids. I'm loving how it's coming out and can't wait to show you everything soon! Countless hours go into making it beautiful for my sweet clients, but also getting it tour-ready for all the other hundreds of people who will be coming to see it.

- Go have dinner and see the sunset at the beach with McCann's grandparents. They are only here in the summer and fall months, so we want to see them once more before they move back to Florida for the winter (which speaking of, can I come?! ha!)

- Use our hot tub a couple more times before it closes on October 1st. Always sad about this!

- Guys, for the last couple of weeks I've actually been going to the gym a couple times a week and doing weights, then running. I know, it's crazy! I'm trying to start a good habit of this before winter comes and I literally don't want to move out of my cozy little home. Can I be honest, though? I hate running. I feel terrible after I do it, and I can't even run for long periods of time. I run for 3-4 minutes, then increase the incline and fast walk, then put the incline back down to run for another 3 minutes, etc. That's all I can do so far, so I'm trying not to give myself a hard time about it. But it is frustrating that I feel like death and other people say they feel amazing after a run. Maybe I will never be those people haha ;) *Goal here is to CONTINUE doing this!

- Begin getting our speakers lined up for 2019's Bloom Workshop schedule. We're hoping to launch the schedule on Black Friday!

- I'd love to get some things cleaned and organized before October hits. Our garage needs to be cleaned out, I'd like to clean the windows since they're a mess from the storms we've had a couple weeks ago, and I always love cleaning my closet out before a new season. Speaking of that, I do have a couple things for sale here that I just added!

- Decorate for Fall no sooner than the last week of September. I'm just really trying to savor this last official month of summer. I can't even fathom it getting cold again :( Send help. 

- Get our holiday plans with my family tentatively laid out so we can start looking at flights. This year we're spending Christmas here in Michigan, but will still go to California to see my fam at some point around the holidays. I hate leaving this to the last minute!

- Start my new book None Like Him. I just finished In His Image by Jen Wilkin and I loved it so much. It was so helpful to me to learn even more about God's character and how I can be an image bearer in order to live our God's will for my life. Highly recommend!!


What are some of your September goals?!

xoxo




interior design website / services / portfolio

4 comments

  1. It sounds like you have some wonderful goals in mind! I'd like to continue to do some "fall cleaning" and purge/simplify around here, and I'd also like to do more writing. Happy anniversary month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Fall cleaning and purging gets me so excited! Good luck with yours, girl :)

      Delete
  2. Some people just aren't meant for running I think. Or maybe not running at the gym. I HATE running on a treadmill, can barely make it for 3 minutes like you, but can run and run and run on a road outside. So maybe the key to going to the gym is finding a cardio exercise that you actually like? Or I went to a workout class for a few years because I made friends with other people in the class and I loved going and seeing them there. Just some ideas...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I definitely think I'm not made for running ;) My husband would agree! But I really want to try it. I can't run outside. The different terrain messes with me and sometimes the air is too humid here (or too freezing cold for half the year) to do it. My husband prefers running outside though. I like being in the gym with a fan on me ;) I love doing these workout videos by Tone it Up on YouTube and do those a couple times a week! And I totally loved doing yoga and barre when I lived in California. I need to get back into that. Thank you for your ideas!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top