How & Why You Need to Exfoliate

Oh, winter. How I loathe you for so many reasons! Ha ;) Top of the list is dry winter skin (can't.get.enough.lotion), static all day every day and the obvious COLD that makes everything that much harder (ie. driving, taking the dog outside...) End rant. Especially in the winter, it's important you have a skincare routine that works for you. So I'm giving you the 411 today.

Here's the truth: if you don't do this ONE thing in your skincare lineup, then everything else you do won't have lasting impact or effect. That one thing is exfoliating. If you’re not exfoliating at least once every 5 days, you are not getting the full benefit of ANY creams, serums or oils? Your products will not be able to penetrate the top layer of dead skin.  This is why it's so key! You can't have moisturization (just made that word up ;)) without exfoliation. The two go hand-in-hand.

IF YOUR SKIN IS:
Dry: You should be exfoliating at least 2 times a week
Combination Dry & Oily: 3 to 4 times a week
Oily: 5 to 6 times a week


There are TWO ways to exfoliate:

Nourishing Cream Exfoliator: gentle scrub with non-abrasive jojoba beads
Balancing + Charcoal Mask
: kaolin clay purifies, charcoal draws out impurities & salicylic acid stimulates exfoliation.


This botanically derived acid peel is amazing for your skin in exfoliating as well. I use it twice a week in the winter and it brightens my skin, while making it softer and I swear I wake up and feel like my skin is glowing!

Another great way to exfoliate is to get a facial from a highly trained esthetician. Chemical peels are one of the best ways to get clearer, softer skin while exfoliating and giving way to moisturizers sinking into and nourishing your skin. I try to get one every quarter and you can even ask them to use their most clean/safe products on you.



Hope this helps your winter (and beyond!) skin :) Check out my past beauty posts here
xoxo


interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top