Friday Finds: Dresses for My First Signs of Spring

Happy Friday! It's been a quick week around here, catching up after my vacation and preparing for another one next week. Phew!

Before we get to my favorite fashion finds this week, I wanted to tell you local Grand Rapids friends of mine that there is a new restaurant going in downtown Ada that I'm so excited about! Have you eaten at Luna downtown? It has the best Mexican food in town, in my opinion! Well, they are opening a new location (under a fun new name, yet to be announced) and I'm SO excited about it. I've worked with Luna for our Bloom Workshop over the years, so I'm happy to pass along this exciting news. If you're local and love tacos as much as me, follow along with them on Instagram to get all the details about the new launch!

Alright, onto some favorite finds! I went shopping this week in search of a couple outfits I could wear for a Beautycounter conference next week in San Francisco and I found them! Only to find out, hours after making my final purchases, that the conference is canceled due to SF declaring a state of emergency because of the coronavirus. Ugh! So sad! I'll still be going to California because I was planning to visit with my family anyways.

First, I had a gift card to Nordstrom from Christmas and ordered this beautiful Gal Meets Glam Dress. I shipped it to my parents house so I'll let you know how I like it next week! I thought it'd be great for spring, Easter, with sandals or sneakers!



This shopping trip was so fun because it was my first sighting of SPRING!

First up is this adorable striped dress. It doesn't have good reviews online, but I personally loved it for a loose-fitting little pop-over with pockets. I am in a XS and I like the fit. Comes a couple inches above the knee. 

40% off


I think this blue floral midi dress is beautiful, but it might be for taller ladies because of the bold print. I'm 5'5" for reference, in an XS. I'd style this with strappy sandals or wedges. I liked how the website photo styled it with a leather belt instead of the included bow.

40% off

LOVED this sweet green dress! It felt a little vintage and I loved the sleeve detail and the sides going a little longer. I'm in an XS and it fit really nicely, it's definitely more form fitting.

40% off

This stripe shirt dress was a great find as well! It is unlined, but because it's dark, it isn't see-through. XS, comes just below the middle of my knee.

40% off

Absolutely loved this striped skirt. It's so coastal feeling! I would pair it with a white (or navy) tee or tank as shown, a denim jacket, wedges or sandals or sneakers! In XS, but might be able to take the XXS for a tighter fit around the high waist look. It falls right below the knee. 

This green floral top is SO springy and I thought it was super flattering. The little peplum touch (just a partial seam, doesn't go all the way around) is very sweet. I'd pair this with white denim, as seen, plus a navy longer cardigan. In a XS in this, but could take the S if I wanted a bit of a flowy look. 

40% off

I popped into Madewell twice this week. On Monday, then again on Wednesday and they had all their new spring stuff out on Wednesday! I'm so glad I went back ;)

This floral midi ruffle dress was my favorite number of the day and I did get this for my conference (that is now canceled...ha!) The bow at the waist is functioning, it's a faux-wrap style with perfect coverage in the front, goes right above my ankle, is perfect styled with a denim jacket and cognac colors booties, wedges or sandals for summer! I'm in an XXS. 

I also found this one online and ON SALE! It's really similar and I adore this color. Might return for this one!

This shift dress was my next favorite. This type of dress is so effortless. It's a shift style, but comes with a tie at the waist. The print is black with embroidered daisies on it-- so sweet! The sleeves are 3/4 and a bit billowy with loose elastic on the ends. In an XS.

This dress was beautiful, too! Floral, little ruffle detail on the bottom, comes just to my knee (5'5"). The sleeves are sheer but the rest of the dress is lined, functioning buttons in the front. Wearing XS. On sale now + additional 30% off!

This plaid ruffle dress was really flattering! It went out in an A-line shape and the mauve/purpley color with navy plaid was so pretty and flirty. Wearing XS.

These next two are the same top, different pattern. The first has a small scale floral print:

The second is a white and navy/gray classic stripe. My pick was the white (both on sale now!) but both were darling. You know those ruffles get me!!

On sale + additional 30% off.


That was my shopping trip this week! What are your favorites?!

Happy weekend!
xoxo
interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top