Farmhouse Turned Modern Home Tour












*all images via House Beautiful

This gorgeous old farmhouse received a little love was transformed into a modern Hollywood Hills home. With some help from mirrors, a black, white and neutral color palette, bold wallpaper, textured touches and lots of glass, this home is show stopper.  Something that stood out to me were those awesome mirrors in the foyer and living room. If you're a renter and you can't paint, but you are allowed to hang things on the wall, this is a great solution for your walls! Hang a collage of mirrors over your sofa. It will add interest, light, and something special to a space that can't have color. This is definitely one of the most unique home tours I've posted here on my blog. I think my favorite part is how perfectly the black and white color scheme fits with a few of the rustic touches. Also, that chandelier in the kitchen-- completely over the top, but oh-so-beautiful!

What's your favorite part of the home?

Next week I will be starting a little series called What I Learned in College. Instead of asking other bloggers to guest post while I'm in Seattle graduating, I wrote a few posts with a few things I learned over the last 4 years. I hope you love it! I will also be answering your questions to me, so be sure to leave your question if you have one! There are some awesome questions there, so I can't wait to dig in!

Happy weekend!
xoxo
Photobucket
PS. This is the last day to sign up for advertising spots in June here on MND! Email me at michaelawarner90 (at) gmail.com for more info :)

9 comments

  1. Gorgeous home tour! I was wondering if you have any guesses for the wall color in the 4th image - the small eat-in dining area with the gorgeous chandelier and mis matched chairs? I know throughout your classes and design work you have come across many paint colors and maybe you can think of a close comparison. I have been looking for the perfect shade of pale grey with blue undertones for our living room....any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for your What I Learned In College series. Can't believe it's here! Good work, Michaela! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love everything about this look! I love mixing modern pieces with rustic pieces...like a barn wood table in a dining room with fancy wallpaper and lighting-so cute!

    Happy Friday!

    Laura

    www.lauradrodesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! I love a good farmhouse and the modern touches really make this one stand out! The mirrors are gorgeous and I love the bedrooms!! Hope you have a great weekend!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Love the mix of old and new. That outdoor space is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Congratulations on your graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...so many gorgeous touches! I'm obsessed! Happy Friday and CONGRATS on graduation!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the mixing of black and white!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh love! It's so cozy and elegant all at the same time. Perfection.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top