Client Farmhouse Entryway & Playroom Reveal

Hi friends! Over the next couple weeks I'm going to be showing you a peek into one of my client's finished homes. This was a new construction house and was on the Spring 2018 Parade of Homes tour in Grand Rapids, Michigan! This was honestly something I thought would be so fun to achieve way, way into my career, so I'm honored and thankful that I had the opportunity to have my work (plus of lots of others' beautiful work) featured in the Parade. If you don't know what this is, it's basically a showcase of new construction homes and people in the area can buy tickets to go through and see all 70ish of the homes. I have another one coming up that will be on the Fall Parade in just two months!

It was a TON of work to get the house ready to show! When I do things, I want them done really, really well, so my dream was to have every square inch of this place decorated. I was so thrilled that this happened (it's a huge house!) and couldn't be happier with how beautiful it turned out. 

The first room I'm showing you is the entryway and the playroom. This family has 5 kids under 10, so it's a busy household! Giving them a designated playroom was a top priority when the homeowners were designing their floorplan. You'll see in the pictures that the playroom is the left when you walk in, the stairs are straight away and to the right is a little entry nook that I absolutely love. 

So...welcome! Come on in :)

Dress: August Cloth (use code MICHAELA15 for 15% off your purchase!)


Off to the left is the playroom. It's full of storage bins for the kids to stuff their toys. Usually there is a cute little kids table in here, but for the Parade, we had to clear it out so it didn't make it in the pictures ;)

We had the kiddos do some art for the walls in a few colors that are throughout the home to tie everything together and I LOVE how they turned out!

In this corner are some cute metal wall baskets, a growth chart and the most precious dollhouse. The playroom looks into the family room, so we put sliding doors with windows here to have the option to close them off.


The windows are nice, so that it still lets some light into the family room.

One of my favorite things in this home is the archways through to each room. Such a seemingly small detail, but when trimmed in white it pops perfectly off our wall color and makes a really big impact!

On the other side of the front door is the little entry nook, which we accented with a shiplap detail. The round mirror is so cool, definitely one of my favorite pieces in the house. It's trimmed with gold on the inner circle, then has a border or black giving it that layered look. It's from a local store, so I can't find a link to it-- sorry!! If you're looking for a simple recipe for the perfect entryway, a bench, mirror, some greens, hooks and a chandelier is tried and true!





Can't wait to show you more of the house!!
xoxo
interior design website / services / portfolio

2 comments

  1. This house is a stunner! Love the entryway and playroom so much, can't wait to see the rest. Congratulations on such an amazing accomplishment Michaela! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kerri!! You’re always so kind. I was so thankful for this opportunity to show the house in the Home tour!

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top