Our Anniversary Trip to Northern Michigan & Mackinac Island

I can't believe it, but I've somehow taken a 2 month break from the blog! I wanted to share what we did for our 4th wedding anniversary, even though it was over 3 weeks ago now ;)

On our actual anniversary, we went to my favorite restaurant in Grand Rapids called Nonnas. I wore my rehearsal dinner dress, which I want to do until it doesn't fit anymore, haha!


The next week we headed up North for a two day getaway! We stopped at one of my favorite wineries, Brys Estate. They have this really yummy Froze (frozen rose slushy!(


They have this cute pumpkin patch and gift shop filled with lavender products from their farms!


The hydrangea on this trip were out of control beautiful. I just love them!!

We drove up to Petoskey, MI and stayed at The Inn at Bay Harbor for two nights. It's a beautiful hotel with a great restaurant and a lovely pool area (that we took full advantage of!)

We watched the sunset here at the pool and it was just gorgeous!!

The next day we went to Mackinac Island and unfortunately it was rainy and chilly :( But we still had a nice day looking around the town at some pretty homes along the water and spent lots of time in The Grand Hotel.




The last time I was on the island was when I was 10 months old and learning how to walk! We have home video of me taking steps on the front porch of The Grand...right here! Come to find out, I was actually here exactly 30 years apart as the last trip (when I was a baby) was also taken in September. Isn't that crazy?!

The inside of The Grand is just an explosion of color, pattern and wallpaper! Here's one of my favorites that I found in the dining room:


This light fixture caught my eye!

We got to peek in a guest room and I was shocked to find this massive canopy bed! ;)


My mom's cousin and her husband were at The Grand when we were there and they treated us to this sweet afternoon tea! It was so fun.

We didn't stay on the island, we headed back to the hotel in Petoskey and I'm really glad we did it like that. It was nice not to change hotels! Since it was raining, we didn't get to ride bikes, which I was so bummed about, but it was still a nice day.


The next day was our last day on the trip and we had to stop in Charlevoix, MI on the way home. It's the most charming town right by the marina. My friend Jennifer's floral shop, Bloom, is there and it's just the sweetest. Look at this insane floral installation!! I picked up a couple flowers to bring home.

Look at this crystal blue water!



It was a great little getaway to celebrate! Hope your week is off to a nice start!

xoxo


interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top