Our Bedroom Design Plan + Home Favorites for 25% off


Hi friends! If there's one room you haven't seen much of in our new house, it's our bedroom (and office and guest room). All the bedrooms are a little neglected ;) But I'm planning to change that in our bedroom very soon! In January I'm hoping to complete the room with a couple finishing touches. Our room is very, very small, so we had to get creative with our bed layout. I'll walk you through it in stories today on Instagram.

Here is our bedroom game plan that I'm excited to be working on with Serena & Lily, who are having an amazing Black Friday sale-- 25% off with code THANKFUL! 

DETAILS: bedding / sheets / rug / white euro sham / lumbar pillow / throw blanket / nightstand / lamps


This is where we're at today:

We have the bedding, sheets, pillows and throw! Right now we have a stand-in rug that's too small, so I'm hoping to get a new rug in the winter that's more appropriately sized. I also just ordered the lamps in the above board from Serena & Lily and I'm so excited about them!! I think the room needs some texture, so those lamp shades are going to be perfect. 

I've slept in Serena & Lily bedding for 5 years now and I really don't see myself ever switching. It's that soft and luxurious!! Clearly Lincoln agrees ;)  I love Serena & Lily's philosophy that living well begins at home. I couldn't agree more! If you create a home you love, I truly believe it lifts your spirits and helps you live a more peaceful, joyful life.

I wanted the bedding to feel white and bright but knew actual white bedding wasn't practical since Lincoln IS allowed on our bed, ha! I went with a reversible white/gray bedding and keep it on the gray side. We got matching standard shams that I keep on the white side since Lincoln doesn't touch the pillows really. This gorgeous lumbar pillow finishes off the pillow party! I always think hotel beds look so beautiful when the sheets are turned over and they have a patterned sheet showing, so that's always how I've made my bed. It's so inviting! Do you do this, too?




I love how bright and airy it is. I'd love to add some white curtains to the windows, but since the window is right up against the bed, I'm not sure how that will work. I'm going to hold some up and see what it'd look like and report back! When we moved in, we installed the roller shades you see and I'm really happy with them. They're a textured gray black-out and they've been awesome. Way better than the paper shades the guy had before us! ;)

If you tune into my stories today I'll show you around the bedroom and give you a look at our dresser situation as well. I also need to get a new mirror for above our dresser. I recently had an epiphany, so I'll share that with you! I don't have anything up on the walls yet either, so that'll be phase three. Hopefully by the end of winter I'll be able to show you a final reveal, so stay tuned!

I'm giving you some of my favorites from the Serena & Lily 25% off sale since this is the biggest sale of the year!

1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 56 / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10 / 11 / 12 / 13

As you know, I'm also a huge fan of their pillows! It's amazing what just one special pillow can do for your sofa. It totally transforms it. 
navy / tassel lumbar

Don't forget to use the code THANKFUL for 25% off! I can't wait to keep you updated with the bedroom progress.

Happy shopping!
xoxo


interior design website / services / portfolio

This post is in collaboration with Serena & Lily. All opinions and thoughts are my own, as always! I'm proud to partner with stores that have such high quality pieces, style and missions. I spec S&L pieces for my paying design clients regularly, so you can know this is a brand I know and trust. Thank you for supporting brands that keep Michaela Noelle Designs doors open!



No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top