Cozy in Pink & Curly Hair Tutorial Video



all photos by alyssa marie {e-mail: alyssamariephotog@gmail.com}
Shirt & Sweater: Free People {Macy's}
Jeans: Vigoss {B.P. Nordstrom- great fit & inexpensive!}
Boots: Dillards
Necklace: Anthropologie
***
I've received some e-mails and comments over the last few months asking how I curl my hair, so I decided to {rather than explain it} just show you via a quick video I created! If you're wondering why you usually never see my hair straight, that's because it rarely is! Believe it or not, it takes me half the amount of time to curl it, rather than straighten it. If you want to skip the middle part and just jump to the end result {sorry my mane is ridiculously thick!}, skip to 1:55. There are two looks: big curls with a side twist & soft hollywood glamour curls. The morning I filmed this video was the same day I had the above pictures taken. I just pinned up the top half of my hair...easy peasy. Enjoy!


song credit: He Is We "And Run"
If the video doesn't work here, view it on youtube by clicking here.


A few other tips...
Damage Control? Wash hair at night and let it dry while you're sleeping in order to avoid more damage than necessary with the hair dryer.
Shine Factor? Some may be opposed to this, but try not to wash your hair everyday if possible! I normally wash mine every other day and that's what helps hold curls and keep the shine!
Thin or fine hair? Lightly mist with hair spray before you curl. Spray after curls have set and before running fingers through it. Don't overdo it, though, or the hair spray will weight the hair down, pulling out the curls.
Thick hair? That's me! So just follow what I did, dividing hair into as many layers as needed! Hair spray afterwards, but again, don't overdo it!
Flat hair? This is weird, but I always put some baby powder at my roots before I tease the crown. This takes out the oil and gives it volume!


Hope that helped a little! What's your go-to look??


Happy Thursday!
Love,
Photobucket
PS. I'm sharing this post with Anna of In Honor of Design

31 comments

  1. you look so incredibly cozy...i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awh! I love this so much! Your sweater is adorable. I most definitely have fine hair (so jealous of everyone with thicker hair) so curling my hair is always a challenge! I can maybe get two layered sections out my hair, on a good day! I completely agree with not washing your hair every day! Sometimes people look at me crazy, but it helps SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this video is amazing! what program do you use to edit your videos? I love it. One thing I noticed, you spray at the end...I always spray as I go...which may be my problem (too much hair spray - ha!). Keep the tutorials coming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the baby powder trick too! LOL. Thanks for sharing this, I am always looking for new things to try on my mane. :)

    XO,

    Sam
    www.ThePeakofTreChic.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! Loved the video and the song you put it to too! It is always a battle for me whenever I try and curl my hair, so thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice necklace ;). I have the same thing as you... ridiculously thick hair that takes FOREVER to do. So, being somewhat impatient with my hair, I always shower at night, let it dry on its own (it seriously would take forever to blowdry), and then do it in the morning. Although my hair already curls and waves a bit, so sometimes I just add some biolage gel to it and let it go. Other times, I'll add in some extra wave. And on special occasions, take the time to straighten. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your outfit. It is so adorable.

    http://joannadell.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are adorable! I feel that our styles are very similar. I LOVE Free People--it's the brand that I just have to splurge on every once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your hair is GORGEOUS!!! I will try this with my shorter thinner hair and see how it works! Thanks for the tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your outfit and will definitely be checking out your tutorial! Just bought a new curling iron {the clipless kind} and can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you never go wrong girly! and thanks for the tutorial--now if i could only have your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so cute. Love the pics and video tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love you outfit pics! I think my fave part this time around is the necklace :)

    I always love you hair tutorials although my attempts never turn out as good as yours do :/

    xoxo
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're so cute and I love that pretty sweater! Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is awesome! I just started curling my hair so this helps a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have major issues with curling my hair... so I will definitely be using these tips! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great pics. Love your style.

    I haven't been here in so long, I didn't even realize that you changed up the look. It's super cute as always.

    Hope all is well, glad to be back blogging.

    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your hair. It looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the tip! Do you have any tips for short hair? Like shoulder length? You are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are so gorgeous! :) I love your hair and you look so sweet in this pink!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your outfit. I really want those boots and I love flowy tops and sweaters. So cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. AWESOME! So helpful :)

    I've been "training" my hair to curl and it's getting better. My biggest prob is my hairdresser cut unwanted layers and it's hard for me to curl now :(

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great tutorial! You have such pretty hair! I have thick hair too. I don't wash mine every day either...every hairdresser I've ever seen has said that washing it every day will just strip your hair of the natural oils it needs to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your cozy outfit! Your hair is just gorgeous! I wish we could curl hair as fast as you did in that video ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your hair always looks amazing! Thanks for sharing your secrets!

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE the outfit!!!! Especially those boots! <3

    ReplyDelete
  27. umm LOVE this video with the music and the fast forward pace!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top