Behold the Lamb: Merry Christmas!

It's the week of Christmas and I can hardly believe it. I'm here with my parents, my brother and his wife, and my husband in California. When you live on the other side of the country from family, being together is the greatest gift. It feels extra special that we're here ON Christmas this year! Today we're in Napa showing my husband the wineries since he's never been. We'll drive home later today and then tomorrow we will go to the Christmas Eve service at church and have family over to our house for Christmas Eve. On Christmas day we wake up and open our stockings, devour the delicious egg bake and coffee cake my mom prepares, then open gifts. In the afternoon we'll head to my grandparent's house to see the extended family. It's a day of fun and celebration! 

Why do we gather and celebrate? Why do we spend time picking out gifts for our loved ones we hope they'll enjoy? Why do sit around the table with our people and eat delicious food? 

We do these things to mirror what Jesus did for us. We celebrate because the Lamb of God has come to take away the sins of the world. We give gifts because Jesus was the greatest Gift. We gather with our families and friends, however that might look for you, to celebrate that the God of the universe saw fit to send his one and only son, Jesus, to earth to walk as a man without sin, then die for OUR sin, in our place, and offer us eternity with Him in Heaven forever. We gather to remind each other of these truths, because I'm not sure about you, but my heart needs the reminding!

Behold the Lamb. He's here, friends. Let every heart rejoice!










 Lincoln says "my parents are embarrassing me!" ;)





 Lincoln's face in this one kills me ;)
Ashley Slater Photography




 "God’s love was revealed among us in this way: God sent his one and only Son into the world so that we might live through him. Love consists in this: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the atoning sacrifice, for our sins." 1 John 4:9–10

Merry Christmas from my little family to you, sweet friends! I'll be back in January!
xoxo
interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top