October Goals 2019

Wow, it's October already!! Sharing my goals for the month below, after recapping how I did last month (spoiler alert: I didn't do as well as I'd hoped ha!)




- It's our Anniversary month! September 18th will mark 3 years of marriage for us, which is so surreal to me! I want to focus on being more selfless and serving my husband more-- this month especially. We want to do something fun and special around our anniversary. We haven't planned it yet (and it won't be anything crazy, probably dinner and an activity of some sort) but we're excited! Really working on this! And we went to a new rooftop restaurant on our anniversary, planned by my husband. So special! We also took a croissant making class at our local Sur la Table and it was such a cool thing to do. I can't wait to make the rest of our dough we got to take home!

- With our anniversary, I think we'll do a Q&A on instagram stories. Let me know if you have any questions for us! Well, I gathered questions but we haven't had time to answer them yet ;) Coming soon!

- A huge goal this month is to get our backyard ready for our landscaper to seed it the last week of September. I cannot WAIT! Finally we'll have a backyard...right in time for winter and snow ;) ha! You guys all let me know Fall was the best time to plant seed and the landscaper agreed, so that's what we're doing. It's SEEDED! Now we wait. We got tons of rain last weekend so I'm a little nervous about it!

- After the yard is graded and seeded, my husband needs to finish the last wall of fence, then it'll be complete! Not quite done yet. Hoping to start the last wall of fence this weekend.

- I've had a goal of blogging about our moving and adjusting to our new house process for months, so this month it's on the calendar! Ah, I had to bump this to October. September was a crazy month!

- Another business related goal is to sell out of our Bloom Bash Dallas workshop tickets. We're almost there! I can't wait for our workshop in Texas in November. We've been to this venue before and it's my favorite of all time. I'm thrilled we're going back and can't wait to meet everyone! We have 3 tickets left! Almost there.

- Go to my favorite Farmer's Market and get the big, beautiful dahlias! September is their season. I went with a friend and it was so fun. The prettiest dahlias ever! Also snagged the best blueberry donuts in all the land.

- I'm hosting a Beautycounter pop up on the 13th this month and so my goal here to order the samples I need for the party and then make it a really fun night for the ladies coming. If you're local and want to join, let me know! It'll be in Rockford, MI. It was so fun!

- I need to get back into my routine of doing a workout video every day. I take the dog on long walks, so I'm getting that in, but without a gym I want to be more dedicated to using my weights and working other muscles! We're planning to join a gym this winter which I'm super excited about. Okay, I totally failed at this. I can't wait to join the gym in November! ;)

- If you know me you know that while I do love fall, it also scares me because it means winter is soon around the corner. Ah!! I can't even fathom that, haha! I don't decorate or do anything fall-like until the last week of September, but then my goal is to decorate my front porch (I always do that first) and get a new door mat. Getting pumpkins this week with a friend, so I can basically check this off ;)

- Have my husband's grandparents over for dinner to our house. I already know what I want to make. This recipe is SO good! This was such a fun night. We played cards and everyone enjoyed the meal!

- Get a new fall jacket. I've had the same one for years and it's too short in the arms now. I'm thinking something like thisthis or this. If you see any cute fall jackets, send them my way!! I settled on this one and I'm SO happy with it! It was on sale on Monday when I wrote the post, so check it out! I'll be back this week with a full outfit post.




- Finish our fence, keep watering our new grass seed and get a couple plants in before the first frost. Which literally could be any day... haha! #puremichigan

- Answer your questions you submitted for us on our anniversary on Instagram stories.

- Deck out our porch for fall, including hanging our fall wreath.

- Put up our simple fall decor in the house and then share it on the blog!

- Host my best friend and her daughter when they come this weekend! Can't wait to see them and spend time with them after a couple of years of not seeing her. I haven't seen her since our wedding 3 years ago!

- Get all our details ironed out for the upcoming Bloom Bash Dallas workshop.

- Get my hair done before I leave for Dallas on November 3rd. I need highlights- bad ;)

- Share blog posts on our moving experience (moving this from September!), a client kitchen renovation, our backyard progress, fall decorating, and flowers for fall. 

- We're heading up North to Traverse City with some friends from church for a weekend getaway. Can't wait to spend time with our people and go wine tasting!

- Finish reading The Road Back to You (an Enneagram book I'm loving).

- Schedule a Beautycounter pop up with our holiday collection. Holiday this year is epic!!

- Make our holiday travel plans to California! Hooray!

- Have apps on the rooftop bar downtown one more time before winter to watch the sunset.

- Go to the beach one last time. McCann's grandparents live there and they fly back to FL for the winter, so we try to visit again to say goodbye until Spring.

- Show you some progress of a client remodel on the blog. It's almost done and it's SO good!


That's all I can think of for now. What's on your to-do for October?
xoxo



interior design website / services / portfolio

No comments

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top