Color Story & To-Do List

Bowls -- Pillows -- Earrings -- Flowers -- Painting


Think for a second about something that makes your heart pitter-patter...
Then times that by 10, and that's how excited I get about redesigning a room. Specifically my room :) 


As I've mentioned before, I'm redoing my bedroom at my parent's house this summer.  I'm excited to give it some new life and incorporate some of my favorite design elements. Funny thing is, I'm normally a very decisive person when it comes to design choices (especially for friends/clients!) but I'm finding myself to be a bit pickier/indecisive about my room.  I am, however, very sure about the colors that will go into the space.  Above is a color story board for the room.  I'm loving the mix of warm and cool colors in the mint, turquoise, peach and corals.  Sometimes throwing together a collage of colors you love will help your eye determine how much of each color look good together proportionally. For my room, I know I want more mint/turquoise in the room, and have small punches of peach throughout. What do you think?


Here's my to-do list for the room:
- Receive fabric swatch for curtains to color match the paint color {always recommend matching paint to fabric, not the other way around!}
- Paint the room
- Refinish an old nightstand
- Purchase all white bedding
- Put together the architectural gallery wall {if you know of any artist who paint/photograph houses/architecture, let me know!}
- Help Grandma sew the curtains {super excited about this!!}
- Locate an inexpensive chandelier
- Chair for reading nook
- Wallpaper for bookshelves
- Accessories {hello, pretty pillows!}


Hopefully I'll have some progress to show you by next week. Wish me luck while trying to find an old bedside table to refinish...Goodwill and other thrift stores, here I come!


Have a lovely Monday! 
Are you working on any projects around the house lately?! 
Love,
Photobucket
PS. Join in the fun on Wednesday and link up with my She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not monthly link up! Go here to see last month's and get an idea of what to post about! :)

20 comments

  1. Aww the bowls are so cute! I'm going to make some changes on my bedroom in the next few weeks too and I'm thinking about painting two walls with this kind of mint green, it's my favourite colour it's so summery xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color palette! I've been debating what to use as an accent to aqua and straw in my daughter's room and love the coraly pink you have here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those colors! i can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope I get to help/document this room makeover! I need to get into a design mindset since we will probably be re-doing an entire HOUSE next spring! eeeppppp!

    ReplyDelete
  5. also, I love to go thrifting! LOVE LOVE! take me!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look to Lowe's for a cute chandy! That's where I found ours and I love it! Great inspiration...can't wait to see the finished product!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely understand how indecisive you are about your own bedroom- I am the same way when it comes to design choices for myself! I can't wait to see the finished product, I know it will be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot wait to see it all done!! Then come do my house next. Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! My mom and I just decided to switch around a few rooms in the house to work better for our family, so my bedroom is moving, which means I get to paint and start over too! Not mad about that at all. I picked a light minty color for my walls and I have my white duvet cover, but other than that I haven't planned the design yet! Can't wait to see the process for yours! Looks awesome so far!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like it's going to be so pretty, can't wait to see it all come together! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your to-do list, I think you'll have a very lovely bedroom! I'm working on all sorts diy and redesign projects around the apartment, but little ones. :)

    http://www.tamarasblend.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. ooooh I'm so excited!
    And I'm exactly the same - sometimes interiors can literally make me giddy with excitement... i don't think anyone understands this except other bloggers/designers! Your room will be beautiful, looking forward to seeing it :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your color story. I'm a HUGE mint/aqua fan! I have an aqua kitchen aid mixer & the color I have most in my closet is aqua/mint! And if I didn't live w/my fiancé I would totally have a room like you're planning. I can't wait to see the finished product. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thoooose color look great together!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun. I love that collage you put together. And I definitely love the turquoise infused in there.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the color story you posted. I cannot wait to see what you come up with! I already know I'm going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Friend! Love the color story! It just feels so you. I ordered the mint fretwork pillow from CWT for my daughter's room and I love it. Her room is coral. mint and gray. I can't wait to see your room. I am sure to find inspiration from it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Friend! Love the color story! It just feels so you. I ordered the mint fretwork pillow from CWT for my daughter's room and I love it. Her room is coral. mint and gray. I can't wait to see your room. I am sure to find inspiration from it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun! I would love to completely redecorate my entire house but having a strict budget and living in a rental isn't making that too likely right now :( I love what you have going on here though! Good luck in the redecorating. I've just found your blog and I love your style and design. Definitely a new follower :)
    xo,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like it's going to be gorgeous, Michaela! I can't wait to see how it looks when you're all finished :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top