Itching to Redo...

...my bedroom at home in California. As I've mentioned before I'm obsessing over seafoam and all things turquoise. Sometimes I'll be sitting in class and start picturing everything I want to do to the room...ahh, the life of a design student :)


So far, here's what I've come up with as the inspiration for the room:




For a long time now, I've dreamed of doing an entire gallery wall of all architectural prints, photographs and drawings. I'm hoping this will be the feature of the room, right above my new reading nook.  I'm doing away with my childhood desk {because I don't do much desk work at home anyways!}, and am hoping to find an inexpensive chair to create a cozy reading nook.  Some new white embroidered bedding, seafoam paint, and some fun turquoise accessories should do the trick! 


Sources:
Bedding, pillow, chair, two gallery wall photographs, Big Ben & Eiffel Tower drawings, row house drawing, paint color, nightstand, rug. {Chandelier and lamp found in Olioboard- source unknown}.


What do you think? 
I want to get started right away over Spring Break, but I have such a busy 2 weeks at home that I'm not sure it'll happen. We'll see :)
**The winner of the West Elm Teacup giveaway is Chelsea from The Curly Cues. Will email you soon!**


Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll be studying away for finals- oh, and getting highlights in my hair {just touch-up} for my best friend's wedding next Friday!!
Love,
Photobucket

PS. Welcome to my sponsor Whitney from The Cerniks!
Whitney and her husband are newlyweds who just moved into their first home. Follow her on their adventure of making their house a home.  They are well on their way, let me tell ya!  I think their home is gorgeous. Go say hello!
xoxo

18 comments

  1. Beautiful board! I painted my bedroom a similar colored called rain washed by BM and love it. So soothing! That chandy is gorgeous! Have a good weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love the seafoam inspiration board!! It is such a hot color right now and I am totally in LOVE! If I lived in Cali I would definitely volunteer for the room makeover!! Too bad I love on the other side of the country! :) Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fabulous Michaela!!! My room at home is going grey, but I really want to incorporate some turquoise. Good luck with all your finals!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous inspiration!! Love hints of seafoam!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore having my white embroidered duvet. It's perfect to mix and match colors with and I nevr tire of it. :) you should get one! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE IT!!! I think it is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved redoing my room so I say go for it! Plus I just know your room is going to look fabulous because you designed it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love re-doing my room. even just move around the bed, wardrobe, desk and bookshelf position makes me feel refresh when i enter my room

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay I love seafoam! One of my top favorite colors. That room is going to look amazing.

    Champange Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your inspiration! I hope you have time to work on it so we can see what you do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. turquise = sighhhh. i love your inspiration board!! can't wait to see what you can whip up over spring break!!! that is... if you are not too distracted by other, equally as exciting things ;) XOXO happy weekend pretty girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, pretty!! That color is gorgeous, and I love the idea of an architectural gallery wall! So excited for your spring break, decorating-driven or not! :) xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm completely obsessed with that color, too...and pretty much all the pastels right now! (c: You have some busy weeks ahead of you, girl! Have fun at home, it's always the best to go back home (c:

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks so dreamy! What a beautiful bedroom idea board!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top