She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not: The Peak of Tres Chic

This Wednesday, one of my new favorite blog gals is here sharing the things she's loving and the things that rub her the wrong way. Meet Sam from The Peak of Tres Chic
Sam is so stylish and offers a fresh perspective on all things design! She's endeavoring into interior design school soon, and I'm so excited for her :) You're sure to enjoy her sweet personality...take it away, Sam!
***


Hi there lovelies!  This is Sam from The Peak of Tres Chic, and I couldn't be happier to post on Michaela's lovely blog.  Not only is she one of the most kind and genuine ladies I have met, she has a beautiful blog and has a natural talent for all things interior design.   I always enjoy reading what other bloggers have to say on her "She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not" series, so I jumped at the chance to get to post myself!  

She Loves Me:
There are so many things I love!  I generally am a "glass half full" type of girl, so narrowing down my loves to just a few is quite hard for me!

1. Animal Prints


Nate Berkus once said that animal prints would never go out of style. As an admirer of all things chic, I love the neutral tones in animal prints and the texture and intrigue they add to an outfit or an interior.

2.  Curiosity

I love it when I meet someone with a curiosity for life.  I find that they often question convention and generally love to learn.  They are innovative, listen well, and see the world differently.  I try to stay curious and explore my interests whenever they arise.  Many of the great innovators of our time became successful because they were first curious- Steve Jobs, Albert Einstein, Mark Zuckerberg, Oprah... the list goes on and on.  I think the key to staying interesting is staying curious.  



3. All Things French
If it wasn't already obvious from the title of my blog, I am quite taken with France.  The people, the architecture, the history, the furniture, the fashion, the demeanor- I really do love it all!  I have gotten to visit Paris twice, and each time I left inspired by the classic silhouettes and "less is more" mentality.



She Loves Me Not:
1.  Cooking
I am not a fan of cooking.  I have absolutely no culinary skill!  It takes patience and practice, and unfortunately I have no drive to become a better chef.  This doesn't jive well with the fact that I am a vegetarian and can't eat most fast food- so typically I end up "drinking" my dinner via a protein shake or a Starbucks light frappuccino.  I know, I know!  Nutritionists, don't stone me. 
 {Why can't I look this cute when cooking?!}

2. Inauthenticity
  I highly value individuality, honesty, and transparency.  Instead of pretending to be perfect all the time, it is refreshing to see a person be honest about their failures and shortcomings.  Being authentic means thinking for yourself, remembering your values, and not being afraid to go your own way- even if you fail!  Part of learning is being willing to make mistakes.  So, when a person can't stand in their own shoes or find their own voice, it irks me.  Rather than copy someone else, take time to learn who you are and what you represent.
I hope you enjoyed reading about what what I do and do not love!  Thank you, sweet Michaela, for letting me pop over today.  
XO,  Sam from The Peak of Tres Chic

1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13


***
Thank you, friend! Told you you'd love her.  I have to say, I love a good animal print, too! And authenticity is so very important to carry with us. What a great reminder :)


Be sure to stop by The Peak of Tres Chic right now and say hello!
Happy Wednesday! What are you loving this week?
Love,
Photobucket
PS. Thank you for linking up last week for my first She Loves Me link up! Such fun to read. The next link up will be April 18th, so get your posts ready!
xo

16 comments

  1. Well I'll tell you what I love, two of my faves in one place. And am nuts over animal prints and authenticity these days. Well done Sam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love animal prints as well. I too don't think they will ever go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the last one especially and totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you both and so fun to see you both in the same place :-) Great job sam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for having me sweet Michaela! I had so much fun putting this together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great post! Could not agree with you more!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post by Sam! Love her blog too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Sam and her blog and it so refreshing to see another side of her, and love her honesty and transparency!
    Nice to see your blog, Michaela! It is lovely... I would join you for tea, anytime! Love those southern gardens.
    Nancy
    Powellbrowerhome.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree.... I simply adore all things French :) You just can't go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's so sweet. And I am totally right there with the cooking thing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this post! Couldn't agree more with the honesty part!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this post! Couldn't agree more with the honesty part!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great post! Totally agree...but you forgot one thing on the love me not list...cleaning ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great feature! I adore Sam!
    Love her take on authenticity and how important it is!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love all things with the exception of Coco Chanel. It's hard to love a Nazi spy...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top