DIY Indoor Garden

Not sure about you, but I've found myself mentally jumping to April and May already. I can't wait for Spring and all the good things that come along with it :) {Hoping Seattle can deliver a least a little warm sunshine in my final quarter at SPU!}  All these thoughts of Spring had me longing for a little garden of my own. Clearly I can't plant anything outside, as it's still freezing! But that didn't stop me. Two weeks ago at my tour of West Elm's Spring collection, I was inspired by their indoor garden feature. They have everything from the plants and succulents needed, to the beautiful glass hurricanes and bubbles to house the plants. I bought a cute little green succulent while I was there, then went out last weekend to one of my favorite garden stores for the rest of my goods.

Materials: Plants, terra-cota pot and saucer, moss, pretty bowls or jars, paint, brushes, glue gun, tape.

Step 1: Cut your tape into small strips to create a pattern on your pot. I chose to make stripes.

Step 2: After you paint in your lines, peel the tape away to reveal the pattern. I love the imperfectness of my pot- notice the little paint splatters? Perfect.

Step 3: Glue your saucer {the saucer I bought is two sizes too big for the pot size, perfect proportions to sit it on top} to the upside down pot.  This creates a terra cotta pot cake stand!

Step 4: Load up your indoor plants on the stand and adorn with some moss for texture. I placed each of the succulents in a decorative milk glass cup and ceramic bowl {similar anthropologie finds: one | two}
 
 
 

After about an hour of coming home with my materials, I had myself my own little indoor garden- the perfect, colorful remedy I needed to quench my longing for Spring.  What about you- do you love flowers and gardens as much as I do?

I'm linking up with Amanda from Serenity Now!
Happy Thursday!
Love,
Photobucket
PS. All photos taken and edited by the lovely and talented Victoria Carlson Photography. 
BLOG | WEBSITE

29 comments

  1. cute pots!! I already have our apt decorated for spring/easter. Wishful thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! and what a great way ot brighten up your home. I love succulents. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this!! Question... How long do succulents last???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love, love, LOVE this post. I just posted a garden post yesterday. I cannot stop thinking about spring!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the cutest thing ever...seriously, a cake stand-esque flower pot? Adorable. Dying to try this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!!! I live in a big city so there's not a lot of green-ness around at the moment. Can't wait for spring :D xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea!! now if only spring would magically show up. its snowing today in boston, yuck!! shared my gallery wall journey on the blog today- thnx for all your help yesterday xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Spring IS right around the corner and now's the time to start getting the interior ready to bring the exterior in! What a cute project - thanks so much for sharing and hope you have a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring here we come! So darling. Is Victoria doing all of your photos now? What time can she be at my home?

    ReplyDelete
  10. THis is just far too adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heart the little succulent plants! So so cute!! I want to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute. Funny thing, I was just thinking of how I would do a little thing like this on my desk! Now I have some inspiration! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your new flower pot and I am obsessed with succulents! I had some in my house last year....but I killed them :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this! Definitely brings some life into the room :) xo

    Champagne Lifestyle on a Beer Budget

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just so darn cute and cheerful....I love it! Perfect for welcoming spring.

    I ADORE gardens, there's something to be said about being surrounded by all that "life" :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's so cute, Michaela! I need to be more careful with my plants. I left them outside for some sun one day and forgot them there.... Now they "drowned" with all the rain :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. I so want to bring some more greenery into our home, even though things are blooming here!! I am dying to purchase some succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE this! you did such a great job :) that little blue bowl is super cute, i need to go get some of those!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thisis so sweet, Michaela! I love flowers and gardening! One of my passions. I don't have any succulents yet. This would be fun for our kitchen window. Like the aqau stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I seriously love this!! This is so what we need...the dogs wouldn't be able to mess them up!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous turn out my dear! It looks wonderful. I love terrariums and little potted plants!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm so ready for sun and flowers and spring! Very cute project my friend! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, I love it, M! Such a good idea to bring some green inside : ) I did some succulents last spring and loved them... although they died, oops. You've inspired me to try my hand again!! Love this project!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That looks really pretty on your window! And of course you look adorable while you project!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Do you always paint in a super cute dress!? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top