Fixer Upper Home Tour + Get the Look


As you know, I'm in Texas this week and tomorrow I'm heading to the Silos for the second time to shop Magnolia Market. I'm really here for my sister in law's graduation from college, but this is a HUGE bonus ;) Last time I was in town (a year ago), the bakery wasn't quite finished, so this go around, I will be trying something from their bakery! Since I'm going to be at Magnolia this week, I thought I'd share a home tour from the season 4 finale of fixer upper and show you how to get the look below.

I love how inviting this front porch is! There is just something about a porch that makes people want to stay a while. The darker shutters paired with the white house is the perfect contrast, and those pretty shrubs make for a fresh front yard.


Inside I immediately see iconic Fixer Upper style: exposed, dark wood beams + shiplap. Both of these elements help visually extend the height of the ceiling and draw the eye up. The other thing that helps make the ceilings look taller are the tall kitchen cabinets. If you ever have the option of going tall or all the way to the ceiling (especially in a home with shorter ceilings), go for it! It'll instantly add height.


The living room has lots of metal / iron touches which ties in with the black sofa.


I love this sideboard piece!

The porch is one of my favorite spaces. Look at that ceiling texture!



I think the theme of this house is ceiling texture ;) Love how they put a barn wood texture on the ceiling in the bedroom, too. Again, lots of black accents to tie in throughout the house.


The master bath is really beautiful with this epic storage.



In love with this clawfoot tub!



I could live in this little girl room. That bed frame is just TOO cute!


And this room?! Ah! Completely charming.

Get the look:


SHOP:




How do you like this Fixer Upper home tour? Was it a favorite? I think it has a little too much black for my personal taste, but I can still admire it as being a really lovely home! Jojo can do no wrong. Maybe I'll run into her at Magnolia tomorrow...here's to hoping!! ;)

xoxo


Photobucket

5 comments

  1. I really like the use of black and was going to ask you your feelings on it. In my opinion, the living room has too much black (definitely not a fan of back sofa and chairs, and then I feel like the black shelving is too much), but I love the accent of black. What is your recommendation for using such a strong color as an accent, whether that is black or another option?

    ReplyDelete
  2. IDprop offers interior designers with a perfect platform to showcase their work and explore the immense opportunities that online avenues offer. A quick signup could open your doors to a whole new customer base!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best college for interior designing in Indore – Virtual Voyage College with various interior designing courses promises you that you will learn much more than you expect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Web design victoria :- We offer the best seo service, web design & marketing strategy company in Victoria Canada. Cadencecreativestudio will work with you to realize your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved seeing this post, especially because I have had the photo of the living room with the vintage map surrounded by black metal shelving saved as inspiration for my living room. I love the way this looks and have trying to figure out a way to recreate it, but I think the shelving is custom and I don't know anyone local that could do that for me (I live in Vancouver). Sigh. I love the light and bright rooms with the black accents, that is one of my favorite combos, the contrast is so good! Pretty classic JoJo!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top