Breakfast Nook Update: New Roman Shades

If you take one thing away from this post, it's this: always say no to mini blinds.  As you know, I've been helping my parent's fix up our house and one of the updates we wanted to make was ditching the mini blinds and adding new window treatments. I suggested roman shades and plantation shutters for the spaces, and my mom loved the idea! My friends at Blinds.com made the process SO easy and we LOVE our new roman shades for the family room and breakfast nook. {The guest bedroom and my bedroom got new plantation shutters, but I'll show you those next week!}

Look at the horrible before with the mini blinds…I'm embarrassed to show this to you ;) Mini blinds just create SO many lines and really break up a window, when what you want to do is make windows feel large, airy and bright. 




 We threw out the mini blinds and picked out this lovely Laura Ashley Flat Roman Shade in Cameo Apple Blossom for the four windows. They are lined, so the shades let in the perfect amount of filtered light, or just add a soft touch to the window when we have them pulled up during the day. They're opaque enough that you can't see through them at night, which was important to us. My mom and dad are so happy with the results {and so am I!} The best part is that Blinds.com sends out a professional to measure and install your shades and shutters, so there's really no hassle {or chance that you'll measure wrong, which I was afraid of!} Everything was taken care of for me.

Ready for the after?! Take a look...



The pictures can't fully capture how great they look-- I wish you could all see them in person! We have these funky short and long windows in the family room








Details | EAT Letters / Chandelier / Mirror / Curtains in family room

The pictures don't even do the shades justice, as it's so hard to capture the pretty textured detailing of the fabric against a window. This updated window treatment is soothing, bright, and stylish. What do you think?! 

Enjoy your day!
xoxo
Photobucket
interior design website / services / portfolio

Disclaimer:  Blinds.com donated these roman shades in exchange for a blog post showing you the before and after of the spaces. All opinions are my own, of course! Thank you for supporting companies Michaela Noelle Designs genuinely loves.

9 comments

  1. Looks beautiful Michaela! The whole space is really coming together nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do roman shades in our main bathroom! They're so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving this dinning room! So simple but the pieces work so well together!

    Paige
    http://thehappyflammily.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks awesome! Love your letters!
    xx Chloe
    http://topknotsandpolkadots.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks SO much better! I really want to swap out the blinds in a few of our rooms with something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look great! They really do allow so much more natural light in :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your nook! This will be some much needed design inspiration as husband and I begin decorating our new place!

    Shannon
    http://GBOfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those shades! You’ve got a great choice on the shades and blinds combination. I’m sure your parents would love their new shades, didn’t they? Hehe! Do you use shutters? I hope you can share photos of them too. Thanks! :)

    Greg Arnett

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top