Grace: Day 1

In a world that is fast paced we often forget to stop and be thankful for the blessings in our life.  With Thanksgiving approaching, I decided to do a short series on what Grace is.  Because it is through grace that we have any of these blessings in our life!

{Grace: noun, verb: immunity, a pardon for a wrong doing, favor or goodwill, strength, something that is beautiful or elegant, a prayer said before a meal}

This week and next I'll be sharing what grace means to me, where I have experienced it, how to show it, what it looks like in interior spaces, and in fashion.  A few fun blogging friends will be sharing what grace means to them, too-- so stick around! Katie from The Bright Life will be here tomorrow sharing with us (:

To kick off this series, I sat at my desk and made a list of all the things I thought grace was.  So here it goes:
Grace is...water to quench your thirst, seeing your best friend after months of being apart. The sunrise.  Actually, sunshine in general.  Grace is protecting a friend who was in a serious car accident.  It's saying I love you, hearing little kids giggle, my daddy giving me a piggy back ride when I was tired of walking,
 mom letting me skip school after a break up, grandma giving me the freedom to be messy and creative in the kitchen or doing art projects.  Grace is my brother promising not to tell mom I broke something while she was home.  Grace is my mom still finding out and laughing instead of getting upset. It's the sweet smell of a candle burning after a long day.
 It's running into a pole at church when first learning how to drive, and my papa telling the church it was his doing, not mine.  Grace is him keeping it a secret until well, me telling you now.  It's found in the simplest things like my puppy cuddling when she's can sense something's wrong, 
time spent with family, smiling, laughing, and paying it forward.  Grace is knowing my mom is on my side, always. 
 It's found in flowing chiffon dresses that 'grace' the runway and in interior spaces that give off a sense of peace.
{Sarah Richardson}
I see grace in a pair of ballet shoes and a pianists' fingers scaling the keys.  I hear grace in the ocean waves and my favorite singers.  Grace is Jesus Christ saving us.  It's the lighting in the perfect photograph.  
It's growing up in a loving home.  It's the friends who stick with you when no one else does

and running into mom's arms at the airport. It's watching the leaves change color.  
Receiving a handwritten letter in the mail.  
It's forgiveness, it's a gift undeserved, but yet given freely.  Grace does not hold grudges.  It loves at all times with no boundaries.  Grace is everywhere. 

Where do you experience grace in your life?


Love and Grace,

17 comments

  1. That's a beautiful list! Great way to start off my Monday morning :)
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a positive and inspiring list!

    I find grace in nature, and in a warm bed when it is snowing outside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making my Monday morning alittle brighter :) I recently received a handwritten note in the mail, and it was definitely the best feeling I've had in a while. Something so simple, yet so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful list. It was such a pleasure to read.

    I find grace in my kids and spending time with them - laughing, playing or simply walking in the beach.

    Have a wonderful Monday!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing, this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a sweet and thoughtful post. seriously inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! Go ahead and join in, writing your own posts about grace means to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVED this. What a great reminder to be thankful for those things that make us so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous list!! It was so beautiful to read!! We all need to take time to reflect on the things that are important in our lives!

    :) Hazel
    Hazel Loves Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was a pleasure to read! So beautifully written. We just discovered your blog.. it's wonderful! Keep up the great work :)

    Cheers,

    J&E

    ReplyDelete
  11. Michaela....That was beautiful....

    Take care,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love todays blogg I have often been thinking about the same things lately!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous post and what a gorgeous lady you are!!!

    Luvs!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this list! It has been such a joy reading your blog today. The photos are beautiful! Following!



    xo,

    Molly Jane

    PS. Stop by and say hello!:)

    www.browneyedcharmer.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michaela, how wonderful!! I will be back soon!

    Come and enter my giveaway from Empress of the Eye!
    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow i love this grace series, made me smile from ear to ear!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top