In the Kitchen: Green Smoothie





This week I decided to get back to being healthy! After joining the gym a few weeks ago (finally!) I've been on a health kick, trying to eat well by getting fruits and veggies at the Farmer's Market, and try not eat too much dessert ;) One of the easiest ways to get in your greens is by making a green smoothie. I honestly cannot even taste the kale and spinach...promise! If you like strawberry banana smoothies, you're sure to like this one, too. Give it a try and see what you think!

Recipe:
1 C. spinach and kale mix (pre-mixed at the grocery store in a bag that comes with pre washed lettuce! Easy!)
5 strawberries
1/2 banana
A handful of blueberries
3 TBS pomegranate juice
Protein powder if desired

STEP 1: Put in your spinach and kale with a tiny bit of water and blend until pureed.  

STEP 2: Add in your frozen strawberries. Blend.
STEP 3: Add your banana, blueberries, and pom juice. Blend!

Pomegranates are one of the riches sources of antioxidants! Love that.

There you have it...a delicious and healthy smoothie. I also love adding a few pieces of pineapple if they're on hand. Rice cakes with peanut butter and these smoothies have been my lunch for the past few days, and it's perfect. Totally fills me up and gives me all my greens for the day!  The weather this week has been lovely, so I've made it a habit to sit outside on my porch to eat lunch. Working from home can get boring sometimes, so going outside to eat is key in changing up the scenery. 

I've found the only plants I can keep alive are succulents, so thankfully I have a pretty cute succulent garden (which could even make for a cute house warming gift!) They are thriving (unlike my mums which somehow died in a storm, I think!) I have them sitting on this cute vintage stool, which I think looks so sweet on the porch. Check out Uncommon Goods home decor section and their personalized gifts for fun and unique items like this. 


Anyways, enough about my plants! ;) Do you drink green smoothies, too? If you have another recipe you love, share it in the comments. I'd love to try another one!

Happy Thursday
xoxo
Photobucket

2 comments

  1. gorgeous little succulent! i actually have a hard time keeping them alive! :)
    ladies in navy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smoothie looks amazing! I love making smoothies at home. I have a little single-serve blender that works perfectly. Love the succulents too! I was given a beautiful orchid before I moved by a good friend, and am working hard to keep it alive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top